What's new

Why is the Popcorn DVD keep getting delayed? (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Sorry, I know the title is a little goofy. does instead of is.
Just curious.
The second time for release is suppose to be on July 31st and is now being moved for a third time to Aug 28th.
I'm kind of looking foward to this movie.
Does anybody know the status of this DVD, on why it's being moved so much?
------------------
Link Removed
Read my weekly movie review column at Las Vegas Film Society www.emperor.net/lvfs/index.html?
[Edited last by JohnS on July 29, 2001 at 07:33 AM]

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Where did U hear about the second push back? I really am looking forward to this DVD and have waited a long time and really don't feel like waiting so long for it again. Can you name your source?

Lafe F

Second Unit
Amazon has upgraded its July 31st pre-order availability to in 2-3 days. I hope this is true.

Todd_B

Second Unit
I too am looking forward to this title. I haven't seen the flick in several years, and saw it on the release list and got all giddy. Here's to hoping it gets released..soon.
Todd B
------------------
My Disks

Blake Solomon

Auditioning
Unfortunately, Amazon upgraded the status of the Popcorn dvd to "usually ships in 2-3 days" back in the middle of June when it was first supposed to be released. It was then almost two weeks later upgraded to the status of July 31st. So...it is not entirely unlikely that the date could shoot to Aug. 28th. If this did happen though, I would be vary pissed as Popcorn is one of my favorite horror movies!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
of all the lame cheesy horror movies such as Valentine, Urban Legends, Dracula 2000,..you know those movies with a group of teens. I think that Popcorn is the best.
If anybody who hasn't seen it, and likes horror movies, and is a movie fan in general(since it has to do with the kids opening/remodeling a theater and doing an all night movie-thon) THINK ABOUT GETTING THE DVD ON IT'S RELEASE DATE!
------------------
Read my weekly movie review column at Las Vegas Film Society www.emperor.net/lvfs/index.html?

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I emailed elite entertainment and they said they had problems with the video presentation on the DVD which is apparently being fixed as we speak, and they will announce the final and last release date (august 28) officially on their site later this week. also, the amazon.com availabilty went to 4-6 weeks. Which I believe it did last time before making its July 31st release date. So August 28th should show up later on that site too. Here is the E-mail they sent me.
Subject: Re: Elite Entertainment Contact Us Form
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 07:22:28 -0700
The problem with POPCORN is one of a technical nature. There were many problems with the film element we used for the new transfer. However, these problems were resolved and a new and FINAL date will appear on our site this week. Sorry about the delays. Hopefully you will think the wait was worth it.
----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Monday, July 30, 2001 2:01 AM
Subject: Elite Entertainment Contact Us Form
Hi, I was just wondering why the DVD of the film "Popcorn" is being post-poned again? I was patient when it was pushed from May 22 to July 31st, nearly two months, but with the news that it has been pushed back now to August 28th I just have to say something. I would like to know why this
title seems to be taking so long. Is it something with the actual stock or for some reason other than that. Please respond to this because I love this movie and the fact that it is being pushed back again is just a real kick in the face.
thank you.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I finally got to watch this DVD. While the DVD video transfer isn't top quality, it is the best we are ever gonna see. I was clearly happy with it.
I also watched the trailers and TV spots.
I'm going to give this a repeat viewing on Oct 30th!
THANKS ELITE!
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks