What's new

Why is Tarantino torturing us? (1 Viewer)

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
No region 1 Jackie Brown! No decent version of Pulp! Suppose to be special edition of R Dogs that has been pushed back a year! There really is no need for this! Anybody know something?

StephenP

Stunt Coordinator
I got the canadian special edition of pulp fiction from ebay.
It is region 1, with anamorphic transfer and several deleted scenes. A must have IMHO, as it is one of my faves. The next canadian one I am buying is Trainspotting.
Dont remember the name of the store I got it from, but should be easy to find.

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
The Alliance Pulp Fiction is not anamorphic. It does include the deleted scenes from the VHS tape and Criterion laserdisc and is superior to the Buena Vista counterpart with no reservations.
The Alliance Trainspotting includes most of the deleted scenes from the Criterion laserdisc interspersed with interview footage from the filmmakers, but the film itself is censored. It features at least one of the edits done for the US market to get an R rating (a changed shot in the "First Shag in Ages" scene), whereas the Buena Vista US release is the unrated version (even though this is not indicated on the packaging).
Regards,
------------------
Ken McAlinden
Livonia, MI USA

Gilbert Galindo

Stunt Coordinator
I heard that it wouldn't be released intil summer of 2002 as part of a 10th anniversery edition. I believe this information because I've been hearing about a good edition of Pulp for over two years and still nothing! Same story with Jackie Brown!

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
I read at one of the news sites that a Pulp Fiction SE & Jackie Browne will be released in 2002 along with the Reservoir Dogs SE. I know that there have been rumors of an SE for 2 years now but I really feel this news item will become reality in 2002. I mean if any film from the 90's deserves a SE it's Pulp Fiction, it's guaranteed to be a blockbuster seller on DVD. They can't make us wait any longer, right?

soop.spoon

Supporting Actor
They're probably waiting til his next film comes out. Marketing types like to do that kind of thing.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
They also like to market software in GROUPS. Just look at the DePalma flood in a few weeks, among numerous other examples of this.
So a 10th anniversary for Dogs makes real sense. Then to tag with that some SEs of Pulp and JB also makes sense. Especially if they need the time anyway to square away licencing or finish the product the way they want to.
If July 2002 goes by and we still don't have the QT stuff, nor the Raiders stuff (also rumored for earlier 2002) then I think we should raise hell.
By that time they will be on a very short list of MAJOR holdouts that we have been patiently waiting for. Star Wars I don't even think about any more. BTTFuture is about the only other one that seems rather vague on release date.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
I believe Bill Hunt confirmed Pulp Fiction and Jackie Brown SE's are being worked on as we speak.
------------------
Visit My Pathetic WebPage
"....With that in mind,I humbly add my own prophecy of
what the dawn of the new millennium shall bring forth-
one thousand more years of the same old crap" Jose Chung

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
Im pissed cause Im waiting for the JB DVD sine I first bought my player in 97. Im looking to throw out my WS VHS of it. Its one of the few tapes I have left. I love that movie!
Im on the bandwagon for Dogs and Pulp as well; but I love JB!
"AK-47 When you absolutely, positively got to kill every mother fucker in the room...accept no subsitiute"

Matthew Brown

Supporting Actor
I've been waiting for the Reservoir Dogs special edition since it was announced on laser disc! I wonder if it's the same materials that were to be used for the LD?
Matt
------------------
Honk Kong DVD Reviews and News
loveandbullets.com

chris rick

Second Unit
Dogs SE is coming out in January 2002, this is taken right from the back of the action figures which just came out....where are you guys hearing summer?

Don Myles

Stunt Coordinator
Just read on DVD File that Reservoir Dogs Director's Cut has now been put back to July 2002 by Artisan.
I am disappointed but don't really mind waiting for an extra 6 months if it is going to be the definitive edition.
Don

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks