What's new

Why is Sony stille issuing single-layer SACD's like TOYS IN THE ATTIC by Aerosmith? (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
I hope you're right Rich! I thought maybe single-layer was out when they canceled a bunch of stuff like the Herbie Hancock and Byrds releases...which haven't been rescheduled as hybrids yet as far as I know.:)

Lee, to paraphrase you, if Sony had been offering Something Of Value < read: hybrid discs all along the format would arguably be doing better and be a no brainer for acceptance, as long as they kept zee prices acceptable. The other big music companies, not just Sony, had better realize that the days of their, take it or leave it, we're only giving the minimum for the maximum price days, are very numbered. Other industries cater to their customers rather than peeve them off and even sue them.

It will be an excellent promotion and Rolling Stone should net a nice little windfall???

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Lee, to paraphrase you, if Sony had been offering Something Of Value < read: hybrid discs all along the format would arguably be doing better and be a no brainer for acceptance
I wish they had started with hybrids but I believe David K when he says there were production capacity reasons in the past. Now they are releasing them fine, so things will get better.

As far as listening to customers, this whole format started in part because Sony's pro clients wanted a better archival format for their analog tapes. Sony then spent millions of dollars creating a hirez audio format for us consumers. That's listening in my book.

As far as labels suing people, I have posted plenty of threads about how incredibly stupid this is, but that is an industry wide problem and not directly related to the hirez discussion here.

Let me ask you this Rachael...you have always complained with the marketing of Super Audio and DVDA and I have agreed to an extent:

Isn't the Rolling Stone promotion a good grass roots effort to raise awareness?

Who cares if RS makes some money?

All promotion has costs. Are Warner's almost-"non-existent" DVDA promotions free?

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Lee, don't get me started on DVD-A and it's misgivings!;) Their strategy for success destroys the stupidy barrier established by SACD:D and ended up about 7 rocks from the sun! :) Hey Lee, I'm a tougher critic than Rex the Turd!:crazy:
htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks