What's new

Why is "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" never on television? (1 Viewer)

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
I love this movie and the DVD is supurb, but one thing that has always bothered me about this film is the fact that it is never on television. It is one of the greatest films ever made and it never plays on television. Is there some sort of issue that is holding it from being shown or am I convinced it will never play on TV? Hell, even the Disney Channel never plays it and as far as I can remember, this film has never played on The Disney Channel even when they were a great network.

So, my question is when will "Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs" be on TV and while were at it, why has it never been on TV?

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Unless Disney starts a Pay Per View channel, it will never be on TV. I can't think of any of their top echelon cartoons (Fantasia, Peter Pan, Snow White) ever being on broadcast or cable TV.

Perhaps if you go to the Disney Channels site they have a FAQ or can answer your question.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
This was one of several films that was assumed would NEVER be on home video (others in this category include ET, Fantasia, and Rocky Horror) but eventually came out.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
This is Disney's cash cow and as long as they can continue to make money on periodic video releases, I doubt it will be on television.

Bryan Tuck

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bryan Tuck
I'm pretty sure Peter Pan has been on TV before, and I thought Snow White was a few times in the early '90s, but I could be wrong. Fantasia, however, has never been shown on television.

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
I remember back in the 80's, mid to late 80's to be more specific, it was played on CBC in Canada a few times every year. But I havn't seen it in quite a while.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Peter Pan has been on television

When the Disney Channel first started they showed Fantasia. Someone I knew hada tape of it, and this was years before it came out on video

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks