What's new

Why is my TV bleeding color? (1 Viewer)

Emile

Agent
I just recently purchased a 32' flat Toshiba (32Af42) and I keep noticing very obvious problems of color seepage where there should be none. It is very blatant, and the best way I could describe the color pattern is to say it looks like a rainbow. It usually is only minor, but it is driving me bonkers. I have calibrated my tv with Avia (or at least tried to) and I am pretty sure these problems were not there when I first bought the tv (which was only a few weeks ago)so I was wondering if anyone knew what caused this sort of thing. I hope I don't have to get it repaired right after I set up my HTS. Thanks for any comments.

Chris Sherman

Second Unit
Is it mostly noticable on verticle lines? I have a Sharp 32 UF500 flat screen that does the same thing. I'm wondering if this is a typical phenomenom on flat screen sets. I don't know if it's a focus problem or a weakness in the digital comb filter or what. On my set it is minor and not visible on most program material. Once you notice a flaw you tend to become more sensitive to it and it can be bothersome. How bad is it on your set? Can you describe it a little more ?

JoeRiley

Stunt Coordinator
Hrmm... you might want to calibrate again... People seem to say that you have to adjust your tv a few times after you first buy it until it 'sets in'.

Or just try to lowering the 'color' setting a couple notches.

I'm not very technically versed in tv's yet... so those are the only things I can think of. :)

Emile

Agent
Chris, it does seem to appear especially in vertical lines, though I am not sure if it is completely exclusive to them. It seems that I am seeing a prism of color. For example, one scene in which this problem is very obvious is the oracle scene in the Matrix; there are a bunch of beads in the kitchen and my TV displays a large number of these beads as shimmering rainbows. It is small but also very obvious. Joe, I am not sure if it is a calibration because last night I tried to recalibrate specifically to remove these color lines (which are horrifically obvious in Avia's test patterns" and it was impossible. The only setting on my TV that is high is color, which is set on 47. Everything else is in the 30's or less.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks