Why is my Inbox not displaying?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by DeathStar1, May 25, 2003.

1. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Outlook experss gave me an error message, and all of a sudden my Inbox is no longer displaying. It gives me two reasons, low memory, or low hard drive space, both of wich are not applicable in this case.

I tried system restore, and that didn't work. Any ideas? All other folders and newsgroups display properly.

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

I believe each mailbox is stored in its own file, and it sounds like your inbox got corrupted somehow. System restore won't touch this. You may have to locate your mailboxes and delete the inbox. You'll lose all your most recent mail, but that's about the only thing I can suggest. Before doing that, run scandisk and defrag, and see if that shows any problems.

3. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

The only other problem I noticed, after I posted this note, is that while it will let me download and read newsgroups, it won't let me post to them either.

4. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Well, Defrag did nothing to fix the Inbox problem.

I deleted the Inbox.dbx, and now I can access the Inbox folder once again. However, it still won't send and receive emails, or let me post to newsgroups. It gives me an error message.

*Edit* When I deleted the corrupted inbox, my Outbox was then getting a display message error. So, when I deleted that, everything now reverted back to normal. Too damned weird. They shold sign me up at Microsoft and pay me to create all these weird problems so they can update their help files for others [​IMG].

5. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

Neil, it sounds like your mail settings are messed up. Sorry, its late and I can't remember all the names right now. If your ISP gave you a setup program, rerun that, otherwise, check with them and see what your incoming and outgoing mail IPs should be set to and all that.

6. Cees Alons

Cees Alons Moderator

Cees Alons
    Moved this to "Computers". You'll probably get better response here.

Cees