What's new

why is michael jackson on again, instead of miracles??? (1 Viewer)

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Because apparently America isn't happy unless TV is all Michael Jackson, all the time. :rolleyes

Just wait. I think he's on two networks on Thursday.

IGNORE HIM! MAYBE HE'LL FINALLY GO AWAY!! :angry:

Ryan_C

Second Unit
Yeah, what gives here? I even asked my dad to make sure that they did show a "next week on an all new Miracles" type preview at the end of next week's episode.

Man I hope this doesn't get cancelled....

Jeff Kohn

Supporting Actor
the explanation I heard is that they didn't want to waste new episodes competing against the season finale of Joe Millionaire.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Joe Millionaire was going to clean up against just about anything either network put up against it, so the better part of valor was to throw Jacko back up and hope for the counter-programming angle for whatever ratings they could scrape by with Jacko.

Robin Warren

Second Unit
I was in such a bad mood last night due to this fiasco. I hate all things Michael Jackson. Its not entertaining to watch and its not newsworthy to me so why do they need to cram this stuff down our throats. Miracles better be back next week or I will have to pout!

Damn you MJ!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
It was because NBC's own Michael Jackson expose was expanded to two hours and was threatening to be the night's most-watched broadcast, and ABC therefore wanted to further capitalize on its ratings success of last week. The "man" can't sell records, but he can sure draw viewers.

Sorry about Miracles, though.

todd stone

Screenwriter
this is not good news for Miracles then. the way I see it, they don't think Miracles can draw in the numbers for them and they know MJ can.

Bah.

Plus joe millionaire was over at 10, and Miracles starts at 10, there's no competition.... :thumbsdown:

Brian_FSullivan

Stunt Coordinator
It was because NBC's own Michael Jackson expose was expanded to two hours and was threatening to be the night's most-watched broadcast, and ABC therefore wanted to further capitalize on its ratings success of last week. The "man" can't sell records, but he can sure draw viewers.
Indeed he can. Last night's repeat of "Living With Michael Jackson" on ABC scored a 7.3 rating and 10 share in the metered markets. That's better than every airing of "Miracles" to date:

Week 1 (1/27): 6.5/10
Week 2 (2/03): 5.4/8
Week 3 (2/10): 4.6/7
Michael Jackson (2/17): 7.3/10

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks