What's new

Why is it so hard to find the Warner Legends Collection? (1 Viewer)

StevenFC

Second Unit
Just picked it up at Laser's Edge here in Indy. For anyone in the area, they still had a couple of sets left at 5 p.m. local time. It was just under $56 not including tax.

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
In the "I'm probably the only one who finds this interesting" category, I opened and checked all of the contents of my box last night (still haven't watched the discs, but I wanted to ensure they were all there and properly seated on their hubs), and oddly, one of the discs (The Adventures of Robin Hood) was wrapped for retail, while the other discs (Treasure, Yankee Doodle and of course Here's Looking at You, Warner Bros.) had no shrink wrap. The box itself was shrink wrapped, of course, and had a sticker on the back that was obviously placed there by the studio. It shipped the day before street (Monday).

While the documentary comes in a one-disc snapper, and had no retail stickers on it, a standard "restored with supplements blah blah blah" sticker :D was on the front of Robin Hood, on the outside of the shrinkwrap, and a sticker duplicating the bar code appeared over the bar code that is printed on the box on the back (also on the outside of the shrinkwrap). Aside from Here's Looking, which had no stickers of any kind, the other titles had stickers, but because there was no shrink wrap the stickers were on the boxes themselves: the "restored" sticker (I've forgotten just what it says) was plastered atop Cagney's hat on Yankee Doodle Dandy, and the bar code sticker was stuck atop the printed bar code on the back. No "restored" sticker appeared on Treasure, but the bar code sticker was again stuck on the back above the printed bar code.

In other words, each title had a slight alteration associated with it: shrink wrap for Robin Hood, with two stickers; two stickers for Yankee, but no shrink wrap; and only one sticker for poor Treasure, also no shrink wrap.

I warned ya' this would only interest me. :) But there it is, nevertheless, if it helps at all anyone who may know something conspiratorial about why this sort of thing happens. Happily, I was able, with due diligence, to remove the two stickers from Yankee and the one from Treasure without harming the boxes (the two on Robin Hood came off with the shrink wrap, of course). :emoji_thumbsup:

StevenFC

Second Unit
YDD and TAoRH both came in shrinkwrap with the former having the sticker on the inside and the latter on the outside. TTOTSM had none. The sticker was over the barcode of course.

StevenFC

Second Unit
Btw, I contributed a profile at DVD Profiler for the "Here's Looking At You, Warner Bros." DVD just in case no one else did. I hope it shows up soon for everyone one way or another.

Feel free to move this message if it doesn't belong here. I wasn't sure where to place it.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
My Amazon order was shipped last night and is due to be delivered on the 6th. Sounds like they are catching up to their backorders :) .

Joel

Mark Bendiksen

Screenwriter
Since I started this thread last week I figured I should give an update of my own. I was never able to locate the set here locally at any B&M stores. I ended up ordering from overstock.com. The set shipped last week and based on the latest tracking I'll probably get it by tomorrow.

I'm still interested in hearing from anyone who actually found this at Best Buy or Circuit City.

Peter Manojlovich

Second Unit
Well, my chapters order arrived today. No shrink wrap on any individual titles, just the box set was wrapped. Just pulled into the driveway as the Canada Post driver was walking up to my place. Talk about fortunate timing. Still haven't seen the box set locally, and only one store A&B was carrrying the individual titles. Don't get it, where's the love for these classic films. Or are people just into surround sound demo movies like the fast and the furious.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Just an update -- got my delivery today from Amazon.com. Like some, only one title was individually wrapped for distribution flexibility (so it appears).

Joel

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Mine still isn't even "shipping soon"...
Could it be that since I used to regularly do business at amazon.com and have taken a holiday from them for some months that they pushed me towards the top of the line :b . I could see why this makes business sense but I apologize for them if this has caused any HTF members to be treated less than equitably.

Joel

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
certainly looks like many members will change E-tailers after this fiasco
To be fair, this appears to be a Warner problem, not a particular store, online or not.

I for one won't stop making the majority of my purchases at Amazon.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
To append to my previous post, this is why I love Amazon:

Thank you for writing to us at Amazon.com. Sometimes, unexpected fluctuations in supply can add time to our original availability estimate. We have learned that "Warner Legends Collection (The Adventures of Robin Hood / Yankee Doodle Dandy / The Treasure of the Sierra Madre / Here's Looking at You)," is now back-ordered, and our supplier has not been able to let us know exactly when they expect to have more in stock. I apologize that you were not notified sooner of this change in availability. To help compensate you for this unexpected change, I have upgraded the method of shipment for this order to Two-day delivery. There is of course no additional charge for this. We ordered this item from another supplier, and hope to deliver it by October 15, 2003.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Has there been a shortage problem of this title?

I forgot to preorder a copy of the set, and
finally placed an order with Lasers Edge
just a few days ago.

Problem is, I don't think they have it anymore
as many other DVD titles I ordered the same day
were sent out.

This is a real bummer!

Randy B A

Supporting Actor
Fry's in San Diego had it in stock for $49.99. they only had two or three that I saw though.

Doug Bull

Advanced Member
Real Name
Doug Bull
Pre ordered mine from DV-Depot in Canada, but as yet no sign of delivery from them, although they have been very slow on all new titles of late.

Looks as if I will just have to be patient like a lot of others.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation562
Recent bookmarks