What's new

Why is it so hard to find the Warner Legends Collection? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Borders is holding a copy for me. $66.99, plus I have a 20% coupon that knocks it down to $53.59...that's actually a better price than anything in my Roundup! :emoji_thumbsup:

John Hodson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Excellent set isn't it? Whatever happened to Anchor Bay's plan for Peter Cushing and Christopher Lee boxes? The 'In the Future' section on their website seems to have disappeared.

---
So many films, so little time...

Scott DeToffol

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Scott DeToffol
I went to Best Buy today (Maple Grove, MN) and they didn't have it in stock. She checked and it isn't in stock at any Best Buy in town.

DeeF

Screenwriter
I just came back from Tower Records (NYC). They had about a million sets there. $70.00

Ken Ranke

Agent
My Amazon preorder shows estimated shipping 10/6. The site itself shows 3-4 weeks before it ships ? Could there have been that much of a demand for this set ? If so hopefully Warners will keep up the pace with future 2 disc editions !
Any suggestions for future titles ?

EricSunde

Stunt Coordinator
I was able to find the set at Tower Records today, on sale for $59.99. The store I went to had only 2 left, but it wasn't in a prime location, just mixed in with the rest of their box sets.

Shane_Anthony

Stunt Coordinator
I'd like to see "All The President's Men"(is it a Warner title??) get a 2 disc SE. Especially while Hoffman and Redford are still alive.:D

It's one of the best written screenplays ever imo

gregstaten

Supporting Actor
I just heard from my DVD source that Warner underestimated the orders for the Warner Legend titles and copies originally allocated for the boxed sets were reallocated for the singles. Warners says that the remaining box sets will ship "soon."

-greg

Bill Burns

Supporting Actor
Until Herb's review is up, this might answer a few questions regarding Here's Looking at You, Warner Bros.:

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0102027/

Nick -- I wouldn't worry that it's a "fluffy promotional piece"! I read elsewhere that this DVD version might run 75 minutes (that was a passing comment somewhere, though, by no means necessarily true), but the IMDB listing is 108 minutes. Is there a cut version of the documentary floating around? In either case, it's feature length. :emoji_thumbsup:

I'm one of the lucky few whose box set shipped on time. Barring unexpected delay, I should have it tomorrow. A week or two from tomorrow, I'll have hopefully made it through all of the supplements! Yikes. Way to go, WB -- as if I wasn't already losing family and friends to DVD time. ;)

Herb Kane

Screenwriter
Nick... just finished watching it. As Bill says, it is indeed 108 mins and is by no means fluff. Many many great clips and even outtakes. I'm going to get into it's content further when I complete the other two Legends films. It is highly informative and I'm happy to have it.

Herb.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I watched 15 minutes of the HLAY,WB disc (while my kid finished eating and before I had to help him with his homework). Fantastic so far...Clint Eastwood ably narrates the first portion of this and told me things that I didn't know. Fun, fascinating stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks