What's new

Why I won't buy Sopranos Season One Blu Ray: I'm holding out for the complete set (1 Viewer)

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Note: just noticed this thread is in the film section for Blu-Ray. Can it be moved to the TV section? Thanks.
Well, I finished the Sopranos a few weeks ago. I never watched it first run, and bought an HBO subscription to watch every episode thinking I would save a lot of money($20 a month opposed to $20 per dvd set). Never intended to own the series just watch it.
Through HBO GO, every episode was available, and I went throungh the entire series in little over a month. All I can say now is that I reeeallly want to own the series.....on Blu-Ray. One of the best, dramatic tv series I have ever seen. Brilliant.
I'm puzzled, no make that absolutely dumbfounded that the entire series hasn't been released on Blu yet. Especially considering it was HBO's top series ever. I guess I will have to wait and see what happens, but damn would a complete series be a great Christmas gift to myself this year!

David Wilkins

Supporting Actor
I've wondered the same thing. I bought the 1st season on Blu a long time ago, then...wham! They stopped. Also, I never understood why they produced the last season on Blu at the time of its initial disc release, even well ahead of season 1.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
David Wilkins said:
I've wondered the same thing. I bought the 1st season on Blu a long time ago, then...wham! They stopped. Also, I never understood why they produced the last season on Blu at the time of its initial disc release, even well ahead of season 1.
Perhaps they are working ona complete series now(with new extras). I'm not sure, but it just doesn't add up to leave the rest of the season untouched in HD. I'm sure a set with all seasons would sell wonderfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks