What's new

Why has Warner Archives stopped putting out 70's, 80's & 90's stuff? (1 Viewer)

MOOSETVTV

Agent
Real Name
MARK
The VHS version (STREET FIGHT) had live-action AND animation--Phillip Michael Thomas from MIAMI VICE is in the live-action sequences.

Mark Edward Heuck

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by MOOSETVTV

The VHS version (STREET FIGHT) had live-action AND animation--Phillip Michael Thomas from MIAMI VICE is in the live-action sequences.

You're actually referring to the film that preceded HEY GOOD LOOKIN' in production, COONSKIN, which is currently tied up in a rights dispute between Bakshi and a party claiming to have inherited the defunct Bryanston assets. All previous releases of HEY GOOD LOOKIN' have been the animation-only version released in '82; Bakshi's original cut has yet to surface in any public fashion.

MOOSETVTV

Agent
Real Name
MARK
I must've misread that....there was a LIVE-ACTION version of HEY GOOD LOOKIN'? Wow.

Loved ya on BEAT THE GEEKS, BTW.

Jon Baker

Second Unit
Originally Posted by Mark Edward Heuck

You're actually referring to the film that preceded HEY GOOD LOOKIN' in production, COONSKIN, which is currently tied up in a rights dispute between Bakshi and a party claiming to have inherited the defunct Bryanston assets. All previous releases of HEY GOOD LOOKIN' have been the animation-only version released in '82; Bakshi's original cut has yet to surface in any public fashion.

"Coonskin" and "Hey Good Lookin'"........I hope these get released soon.

walter o

Supporting Actor
AVALANCHE EXPRESS just came out, very typical 70's era all star cast disaster/espionage hybrid. (I still prefer the Fox cut, damn it!)

walter o

Supporting Actor
Originally Posted by ahollis

Besides the opening, what else is different about the cuts?

thats it really, I just prefer the credit right after the fox logo. (probably because thats how I initially saw it, but it flows better as introducing Shaw and Schells character after the train station scene established the plot better)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Originally Posted by walter o

thats it really, I just prefer the credit right after the fox logo. (probably because thats how I initially saw it, but it flows better as introducing Shaw and Schells character after the train station scene established the plot better)

Thanks. I really hate that Warner Bros. logo on this. It just takes away from the era this film was made in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks