What's new

Why Goodbye Again (1961) not on Blu-ray? (1 Viewer)

ArnoldLayne

Premium
Real Name
Chris
Wondering this film isn't available on disc. I see a Korean DVD and an Italian PAL version on eBay but nothing else.
Amazon Prime has it listed, but not available for this region.
or is it really that bad? :)

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It wasn't highly regarded when it first came out but that means very little because the critical establishment of the time was pretty obtuse. I've never seen the film but I'd like to; partly because I enjoy lush, romantic dramas and partly because of the people involved, particularly Samuel Taylor the screenwriter.

haineshisway

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bruce
It's not great, but certainly worth seeing, plus you get some lovely Brahms in it as it's based on the Francoise Sagan novel Aimez-vous Brahms? Sagan also was the source material for A Certain Smile and Bonjour Tristesse.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
It's not great, but certainly worth seeing, plus you get some lovely Brahms in it as it's based on the Francoise Sagan novel Aimez-vous Brahms? Sagan also was the source material for A Certain Smile and Bonjour Tristesse.
A Certain Smile, of course is another missing-in-action film that several people want to see on disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks