Why go nuts looking for an RP82 when you can easily buy a CP72 at CC?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce R., Jan 14, 2003.

1. Bruce R.

Bruce R. Auditioning

Now that the Secrets of Home Theater Hi-fi DVD shootout #3 is out and the RP82 is tops, the only logical replacement in a low cost model is the CP72. If you can live without the audio remaster and coax output, you'll get the convenience of a 5 disc changer. BTW, the disc change times are very fast on this player and the quality is superb (same guts as the RP82). Some people noted problems with their CP72 (mine has been flawless so far)so why not buy it local and if you have a problem, take it back. I purchased mine at CC for only $209 before the $30 rebate. I talked to a manager and told him I could get it on-line for $199. He then went over to a terminal, punched up his cost and told me I could have it for $209, done deal!!

I have a feeling that the new Panny's are going to be cheapened by using an inferior MPEG decoder to cut costs. Also, you should have no problem selling this unit down the road if something better comes along. I downloaded both the 82 and 72 owner's manuals before purchasing (I wanted the 5 disc changer anyways)and they are virtually identical in their specs and operation. I don't care for the remote but my Home Theater Master MX-500 took every command I programmed into it perfectly so that's a moot point for me. Work over the managers at CC on the price, you'll be a happy camper too.

2. Anthony.Lin

Anthony.Lin Stunt Coordinator

Good points all around - if I don't get an RP82, the CP72 is what i'll be going for.

3. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

"I talked to a manager and told him I could get it on-line for $199."

Bruce - where online?

4. TrevorST

TrevorST Stunt Coordinator

I just got the last open box CP72 from my local CP for $209 + $30 rebate.

5. TimothyE

TimothyE Stunt Coordinator

TrevorST wrote:

6. TrevorST

TrevorST Stunt Coordinator

I got it from the Southcenter store and they only had the display model so I talked them into an open box price. Did notice today that they had another one set up as display model for DVD-Audio you try them on that one.