What's new

Why dont they list song credits in TV shows credits? (1 Viewer)

Matt Butler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt Butler
When Ill watch a CSI, Buffy, 24 ; etc episode and Ill hear a song and want to know what it is; but the producers dont credit it in the credits of said show like they would a film. Why is this?

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Dunno, but the WB shows are good about at least acknowledging the album from where a song came from with a promo bit at the end of the episode.

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I've wondered about this myself.

Amazon used to have a section dedicated to identifying songs we've heard in movies, TV, and commercials, but I haven't been able to find it in years.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Even the shows that show credits for songs, they usuually have some promo on the side of the credits. This makes it nearly impossible to read the credits.

Bill Williams

Screenwriter

Sometimes, Pat, but not for all of them. With "Smallville", for instance, they only cite certain songs from certain albums that they know come from Warner labels. That's why they have comment "Available now at the WB.com" voiceover at the end of the song acknowledgements. Anything else that's used is left out. Yet over at Kryptonsite.com they're able to list the full music credits for each episode.

Henry Gale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Henry Gale
Joan of Arcadia is real good about identifying featured songs at the end of the show.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
Homicide: Life on the Street used to list all of the song credits on the official website. It was very useful because I'd always find myself slightly recognizing a voice or an instrumentation style during a montage and needing to go look up the song and artist. Unfortunately they didn't usually post them until the following week. I think Alias does this as well.

I have no idea why they don't usually show them during the end credits. Perhaps it's so they can replace the songs in syndication or on DVD release without having to change the credits.

Brad

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Ive found that it is getting easier to find the name of songs. YOu just do a search on the web for episode music and the name of the TV show. I found some Nip/Tuck music like that. Most shows have sites now that identify a song. If it's not an official site, someone fan usually makes a list up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks