What's new

Why don't more networks stream shows? (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
I saw an article recently that despite competition from FIOS TV, Comcast is raising prices again sighting customer service cost increases among other lies cable companies use..

I realized a while ago, that I have no reason to watch Cable anymore, since most, if not every show I might want to see will be on DVD eventually, in season sets. The ONLY networks I'd want are TLC, GSN, Cartoon Network(and even that I don't watch much anymore), plus HBO HD.

I can forsee two options.

1 - The Gov. can set up an ala cart type setup that has a fixed price rate that CAN NOT be changed by any lobbying or buying out of folks. You can choose which channels you want, for say, a .50 cents per channel, and that will not change for as long as the company is in existence.

2 - More networks can start streaming shows, using an advanced version of the Slingbox technology. Surly something can be made that can get HD quality video, but use little bandwith, right?

If it whern't for those networks above, I'd cancel all together, and just get an HDTV antenna :). Most of the stuff I watch is network now anyway.

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
I hear ya. I'm seriously considering downgrading my Directv sub to the "Family Package" they have, which is $30, then just subscribing to HBO and the HD package (which would give me ESPNHD (1 & 2) and all the other non-premier HD channels. The only channel I would miss is F/X (only for The Shield, which I could just get by other means ;) ).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks