What's new

why don't hot dog vendors sell burgers? (1 Viewer)

JamesCB

Second Unit
If more people knew what hot dogs are actally made of, they would think twice about buying one from a street vendor. Meat (pork, beef) only make up about 15% of what's in a hot dog. Think about that next time you're at the grill.

MikeH1

Screenwriter
Real Name
Billy
I think those racoons in the movie "The Great Outdoors" summed up the ingrediants of hot dogs best :D

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
If more people knew what hot dogs are actally made of, they would think twice about buying one from a street vendor.
I think everyone knows exactly what's in a hot dog - in fact, the legends are so over exagerated that I'd even go so far to say that Hot Dogs aren't as bad as you think they are.

And I think everyone knows deep down inside how bad street vendors are...they just don't care. When you're too busy to stop and eat something, you don't mind grabbing a dog at one of these places.

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
Everything breaks down to either: protein, fat, carbohydrate, or undigestible. So tell me what is in a hot dog that doesn't fit into the categories above, cuz that's what I think is in there?

As far as where that P, C, or F comes from, your body doesn't care it processes the nutrients just as if it was cavier, goose liver, or prime rib. The rest is all in your mind.

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
So I take it that you eat the absolute cheapest organic material that's available, Joe? To do otherwise would simply be wasteful. I mean, it's just "protein, fat or carbohydrate". :laugh:

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Why aren't prisons built with revolving doors?
You mean they aren't?

As Bismarck said, people should never watch how laws or sausages are made. (And hot dogs are species of sausage.)

As for what's in 'em (really): 99% of major brands have perfectly acceptable ingredients, beef, pork, spices, maybe a little textured soy or other grain or vegetable filler. Kosher beef dogs have beef and spices - and a few preservatives - period. They aren't allowed to contain anything else. (And, as one brand likes to point out, they answer to a Higher Authority than even the FDA.)

Best hot dog dialogue in a movie:

John Lithgow: I miss green. Nothing's green up here.

Roy Scheider: I miss a hot dog.

John Lithgow: Houston. The Astrodome. Good hot dogs.

Scheider: You can't grow good hot dogs inside. Yankee Stadium. September. The hot dogs have been boiling since April. Now that's a hot dog.

:)

Regards,

Joe

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks