What's new

Why don't e-mail updates always work? (1 Viewer)

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I usually subscribe to e-mail updates on several threads. It seems like some work, some occasionally work and some don't work at all. I just went to a thread I subscribed to and there were about 20 new posts I haven't received dating back as much as a day. I got e-mails of a couple of them but I didn't on most.

What's the deal?

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
John:

If you read the email that is sent to you it tells you that you have to visit the site again and read those threads that you have the email notification on to be able to get updates via email.

In addition you can always go to the User Control panel and it will display all the threads that you have subscribed to and allow you to read them there or disable your notifications.

Parker

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
John:

Is that good or bad?

In addition I have added a feature called favorite threads. Just above each thread is a link that allows you to add a particular thread that you are interested in to your favorites. Then at the top of the main forum page, just below the Forum Favorites link on the right hand side you can then go to that page and see all the threads on one page that you are interested in.

Parker

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I guess it is bad for me. It does say that. It is just one of those things I didn't pay attention to. I guess that was a change that occurred with the new software. I kind of liked getting updates on all the replies without having to visit the site and have my last visit reset, but I imagine that can add up to an awful lot of e-mails being sent out. The other new features you mentioned are very nice and help make up the difference.

Thanks,

John

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
John:

Yeah, the emails being sent out is a function of this script that I cannot change. That is why I set up the other features.

Parker

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks