What's new

Why does the bottom of my tongue peel? (1 Viewer)

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
Someone tell me why.

Basically, I'm scraping loose, seemingly dead tissue from the underside of my tongue on nearly a daily basis.

This has been going on for as long as I can remember, so we are talking 20+ years.

My doctor cannot seem to provide a good explanation, but doesn't appear concerned. As he put it, "If it was anything serious, you'd be dead by now." My dentist was also stumped.

The only thing that I notice tends to affect is somewhat is that it is more pronounced after a night of drinking....

Anyone have any idea what this is about?

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
This is interesting.

I've googled for this a million times with no results, but today I found something.

I believe I have an inherited genetic condition called White Sponge Nevus. Apparently it's very rare, usually starts in early childhood and is totally benign.

Just as I've always suspected...I'm a freakin mutant. :D

Rain

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rain
My hair isn't green in the photo. It's bleached. It might look a little green due to the lighting in the bar....

Why I'm bothering to explain this, I dont actually know.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I knew I should have been a doctor, hell I could say that to people all day long...

"What's that Mr. Johnson? A rash on your scrotum you say? Well, if it were anything serious, you'd be dead now. NEXT!"

I KNEW that whole 'years of medical school' thing was just a big smokescreen!

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks