What's new

Why does my Wega have a funny picture with the PS2? (1 Viewer)

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
Ive noticed something about my TV ever since I got it, and never really thought about it until now. It only happens whenever I play my PS2 also. I have the flat 27 with the speakers on the bottom. I cant remember what model that is. The problem comes when playing video games with my PS2. It seems there is some sort of distortion in the picture on the left hand side. Like the pictue bends whenever different parts of light go through it. Like when I play Unreal tournament, on the title screen, there are clouds going past, and the picture kinda bends to meet the clouds. Ive switched cables for my PS2, switched PS2's and even run it on other TV's and I cant understand why it does this. It doesnt do it when I watch cable. And it doesnt do it when I watch a DVD with my PS2 either. Any ideas?

Jeremy Little

Supporting Actor
This is a fairly common problem with game systems on a video input. Apparently, they display the signal slightly off center. Normally, that geometry problem is hidden in the overscan area of the tv (behind the casing). I had it on my Sony KV32HS20. My friend Dustin had it on his Toshiba 32A40. My friend Jay had it on his JVC AV32130. I fixed it on all of them using the service menu of the televisions.

Scott_E

Stunt Coordinator
The service menu? Ive looked all through the options on the menu but is there a different menu? Is this some kind of menu you have to activate somehow? The picture is not off center, it just waves on the left side. Does my TV have a service menu? I called sony but really didnt get any help.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks