Why does my DirecTivo record countles hours of MASH?

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Luke_Y, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Luke_Y

Luke_Y Second Unit

Why does my DirecTivo record countless hours of MASH?

I pulled up Now Playing the other day and there were over 25 episodes of MASH. It does that with MASH all the time! We haven't given it a thumbs up, but it will ignore thumbs up programs that are on, recording MASH instead.

Now I hesitate to give MASH a thumbs down because my wife likes to watch it now and then but we don't need 20-30 episodes cued up at a time [​IMG]

2. george kaplan

george kaplan Executive Producer

Have you looked at Tivo Suggestions to see if that's where they're coming from? It's possible that someone has set up a season pass or wishlist that is triggering it.

3. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

Turn off suggestions, bleah.

Without the structure of a season pass the tivo can record a show like mash 50 times a day since it comes on so many channels.

4. Brian L

Brian L Cinematographer

5. JamesHl

JamesHl Supporting Actor

Well, yeah. If it comes on your the channel you pick for your season pass more then once. I meant with a season pass, it'll at least stick to one channel.

The biggest problem is when the listing service can't figure out when something's new or not, like when you set up something to record new eps only on the cartoon network you get everything anyway.

6. James_A

James_A Stunt Coordinator

My DTivo did that... what I did to solve it (and MASH which I like has 2 thumbs up) is to add a $#^T#$^-load of thumbs for every and any show that I might like or dislike. Heck.. I even went down the spanish language channel hour by hour in the guide and triple down checked ever show that was on. My Tivo is fairly well behaved now... though I wish it'd show a bit more initiative in finding stuff that I havn't heard of before... It will get a few Mash, a few Simpsons, and then a WWE Wrestling even, and Murder she wrote. Just remember that it needs the negative reinforcement along with the positive.

Jim