What's new

Why does my computer always say "Trayclnt (Not Responding)"? (1 Viewer)

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
My ISP is Microsoft Network, and I am running IE version 6.0 and Outlook Express 6 (Windows ME). When I click on the MSN icon at the bottom right-hand corner of the screen (hand on green circle when logged on), the menu that comes up should tell me how many new e-mail messages I have before I open up Outlook Express. However, it always says "E-mail...". Thus, it never indicates how many e-mail messages I have. When I press Ctrl+Alt+Delete, the Close Program box always shows "Trayclnt (Not Responding)". If I have this highlighted and click on "End Task", the MSN logo at the bottom right corner of the screen goes away. This happens every time I fire up my computer. What's up?
I should note that on my older laptop where I am running older versions of IE and Outlook Express on Windows 98, the Trayclnt function works fine, and clicking on the MSN icon tells me how many e-mail messages I have.
:confused:

Juan Castillo

Second Unit
go to control panel/add remove programs, and uninstall your msn software. reinstall it and see if it helps.

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
I had the same problem. My solution: I deleted trayclnt.exe :D (ok, maybe that was a tad radical... but the MSN tray menu is USLESS)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks