What's new

Why does Eric Bana keep getting work in Hollywood? (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I knew that Cazale had died tragically young [relatively], but that's gotta be a record or something for "going out on top".

Anyone else able to claim that the films they starred in have a 100% Best Picture Nom ratio, with a 60% win ratio (minimum 3 films, and they were prominent in those movies)?

Iain Jackson

Second Unit
To top it off, Cazale appeared in The Godfather Part III via "archive footage" as the IMDb puts it, and even that got nominated for Best Picture!

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
So what we are saying is that if you want a Best Pix nom you better pull a Dead Men Don't Wear Plaid and work him into your film somehow. :D

Gregory Vaughan

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if it's the best showcase of Eric Bana's acting ability, but my favorite film that he's in is "The Castle." Bana as the dimwitted Greek kickboxing son-in-law Con is pretty funny.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
As to Chopper, it is Eric Bana's best performance thus far. It is a chilling portrait of a very disturbed character. Eric Bana didn't make it this far for no reason.

~Edwin

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
I happen to like Eric Bana a lot. I like him in Chopper, I liked him in The Hulk, I liked him in BHD and he totally carried Troy. Without him in Troy, the movie would have been completely lifeless and hollow. With so many other bad actors out there, pick on someone else. Eric is okay in my book.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
"Forgive my compromised sense of humor...I just want to answer our host's question about who Jude Law Eric Bana is - he's one of our finest actors..."
[/Sean Penn Voice]:D

Users who are viewing this thread