What's new

why does cable look so bad with Panny 47"? (1 Viewer)

Rob Pickle

Auditioning
Its getting to the point now where my cable broadcasts are filled with golf ball grain. DVD's look great buy cable looks horrible. Would this be an issue with my cable company or with my TV?

Thanks for any help,
Rob

Matthew-K

Stunt Coordinator
I would guess the cable company. I have dish network hooked up to my 47" panny with s-video and the picture looks great. I use "just" mode and switched the dish network feed to 16x9 in the dish network settings to get a nice stretch free picture.;)

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Rob: Please post your question just once. I had to delete your three other identical posts just as our server was slowing to a crawl. JB

Also, cablecasts look terrible for the most part to begin with. A really good display such as the Panasonic reveals those flaws all the more. Consider DBS.

Jeff Pounds

Second Unit
The old "Garbage In - Garbage Out" scenario.

Rob,

I've got the 53" Panny with DISH Network (S-Video connection) and picture quality looks anywhere from decent (local channels) to pretty darn good (HBO, ESPN).

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Also, cablecasts look terrible for the most part to begin with. A really good display such as the Panasonic reveals those flaws all the more. Consider DBS.
If you have a good cable company (maybe 20% of people do), DBS may be a subtantial picture quality downgrade. Be careful before blindly switching.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks