Why do you sell/trade DVDs still sealed?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Grant B, Oct 16, 2001.

1. Grant B

Grant B Producer

This has baffled me.
    I can understand buying something ,watching it ,not liking it and getting rid of it.
    But do people go, "HHHHHMmmmmm I just bought the Die Hard Trilogy but I hate Die Hard Movies ...I didn't know that at the store 2 hours ago, guess I will sell it and I get more for it sealed."...that has me baffled
    I just bought memento and had the plastic ripped off at the 1st red light so I can't imagine it
    Or it's something I am just not thinking of...hence the (probably stupid) question

2. Ron Eastman

Ron Eastman Second Unit

I sometimes sell unopened movies after I steal them. [​IMG]
    I once picked up 2 copies of CE3K when a local store had it on release date at an insane loss leader price. It was a deal too good to pass up and I ended up trading the extra copy to another member for a disc that had been out for a while and was never on sale.
    I imagine that others are sold/traded by people who bought them right after release on impulse but then decided they didn't want it. Sometimes the hype here (and at other sites) gets you going but later the reality sets in that the film doesn't interest you.
    ------------------
    "The last thing I want to remembered as is an annoying blabbermouth." - Del Griffith
    my home theater
    my DVD collection
    [Edited last by Ron Eastman on October 16, 2001 at 11:30 PM]

3. Grant B

Grant B Producer

Thank you...I knew there was a reasonable explanation