What's new

Why do XBOX games look like crap on my widescreen HDTV? (1 Viewer)

Brian J Dupuis

Second Unit
Anyone have any idea or hope that Halo 2 may be in 1080i
I can say, almost unequivocally, that there is no way in hell Halo 2 will be anything better than 480p. For that matter, we (still) might not get widescreen out of Bungie.

Do I know anyone or anything that gives me special insider knowledge? Nope. But making the jump to higher resolutions means that you have to sacrifice something else, and they're pushing the boundaries (again) that the Xbox developers can wring out of the machine. Meaning that there will most likely be little to nothing left over CPU/GPU/memory bus wise to support higher resolutions.

Would I love it? I'd never leave the house. But I'm just not holding my breath.

Shayne Lebrun

Screenwriter
The DreamCast had some nice antialiasing; I still maintain that it looks better than a PlayStation 2, due simply to the lack of jaggies.

Of course, it had a PowerVR2 chip in it with some nifty AA stuff built in....

Anywho, to get rid of Aliasing on ANY television of display surface, just follow these handy instructions.

1: Find a jar of Vaseline large enough to coat the entire surface area of your viewing screen.
2: Coat the entire area of your viewing screen with the Vaseline. Adjust thickness of coat to your preferences.
3: Do not, repeat, NOT watch any Star Trek on this screen, if there is a female in a closeup; the combined bluriness of the soft camera focus and the vaseline will give you a terrible headache.

Note: I am NOT to be held responsible for anybody who actually trys the above.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Honestly, i'd rather have super sharp/crisp but jaggy visuals rather than blurry/unfocused but smooth visuals...

StevenK

Second Unit
Halo looks fantastic on my 120" Projector....:D
Looks even better running through DScaler then output to 1024x768.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks