What's new

Why do we set up 'Studio wish list' threads, if we get no responses? (1 Viewer)

Matthew Prince

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know, maybe you think I'm rude. But no one so far from a Major or Independent studio has logged in to confirm ANY of our wish lists.

We haven't had a web chat (not that I know of) for months, yet we continue to post list after list. Who's really reading this and why don't they reply?

Any exec or official doesn't have to give a concrete answer but at least an acknowledgement that they are considering certain releases and why they take so long!

It just pisses me off, that's all.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

Some don't reply because of company policy while others don't reply any longer because of certain comments posted on this forum that kind of pissed them off. By posting nasty comments, some members didn't appreciate the interaction they had with certain studios on this forum and now we are suffering the results of their action.

I guess that old adage that "it's better to be pissed off than pissed on", kind of applys to this situation.

Crawdaddy

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Matthew,

What Robert said.

And furthermore: they do not have to reply to forums like this, nor do they owe it to us.
And yet, sometimes they do.

Chats are even more delicate. They must be in a position to really say something that's new to us and also substantial (and much of it :) ). And it's seen as "promises", so when expectations are not met, the bitching is even more vehement.

To further Robert's saying in British-English and Irish: ".. and better still, to go and get pissed!"

Cees

Matthew Prince

Stunt Coordinator
Is it worth setting up a petition on petition web sites for the release of cetain Back-Catalogue movies and Special Edition re-releases?

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Matthew,

It's a fact that studio reps read this forum, and particularly, this area. Post it here and/or use appropriate threads.
They may not reply all the time, they certainly read!

Cees

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I'll also confirm what you have been told.

The studios do read this forum on a regular basis.
We were just out in Los Angeles and all the reps
knew what was happening within this forum.

The reason why studio people don't respond on this
or any other forum anymore has been truthfully explained
by Robert Crawford in 4 posts above this one.

As far as chats are concerned? We may schedule some
at the end of this year or early next year. We will see.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks