1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Why do used items regularly go for more than new MSRP on EBAY?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles J P, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I have been toying with the idea of getting a SEGA Dreamcast deck since I am not a hard core gamer, but would like to upgrade from my original Nintendo. I have seen that you can get it new for $50 from many places including Amazon. http://www.mysimon.com/isrch/index.j...ice&dir=i&pg=1
    but, people are paying way more for "like new" units on Ebay. Some people are even paying $30+ dollars for units that the description says dont even WORK! http://search.ebay.com/search/search...amcast+console
    Are people really that stupid?

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

are people that stupid? take a trip over to the AOL thread for your answer [​IMG]

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

heh

dreamcast units are very hard to find and due to a very active pirating community are in very high demand. plus amazon won't ship their units outside of the states if i'm not mistaken.

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Well, I did just notice that Amazon doesnt appear to actually have any at 49.99 but they do have used ones from $75 up. I could have picked one up at Babbages for $50 the other day though. I am still trying to decide between PSOne, Dreamcast, and nothing hence avoiding getting my ass kicked by my fiance.

5. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

My local Best Buy had a huge stack of 'em for $50 around Thanksgiving. I was there a couple weeks ago to buy Jurassic Park 3 and they still had a ton left, still at $50. Almost bought one, but didn't because I figured games would be impossible to find.