Why do used items regularly go for more than new MSRP on EBAY?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Charles J P, Dec 31, 2001.

1. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    I have been toying with the idea of getting a SEGA Dreamcast deck since I am not a hard core gamer, but would like to upgrade from my original Nintendo. I have seen that you can get it new for $50 from many places including Amazon. http://www.mysimon.com/isrch/index.j...ice&dir=i&pg=1
    but, people are paying way more for "like new" units on Ebay. Some people are even paying $30+ dollars for units that the description says dont even WORK! http://search.ebay.com/search/search...amcast+console
    Are people really that stupid?

2. Philip_G

Philip_G Producer

are people that stupid? take a trip over to the AOL thread for your answer [​IMG]

3. Mark Dubbelboer

Mark Dubbelboer Screenwriter

heh

dreamcast units are very hard to find and due to a very active pirating community are in very high demand. plus amazon won't ship their units outside of the states if i'm not mistaken.

4. Charles J P

Charles J P Cinematographer

CJ Paul
    Well, I did just notice that Amazon doesnt appear to actually have any at 49.99 but they do have used ones from $75 up. I could have picked one up at Babbages for $50 the other day though. I am still trying to decide between PSOne, Dreamcast, and nothing hence avoiding getting my ass kicked by my fiance.

5. Ryan Wright

Ryan Wright Screenwriter

My local Best Buy had a huge stack of 'em for $50 around Thanksgiving. I was there a couple weeks ago to buy Jurassic Park 3 and they still had a ton left, still at $50. Almost bought one, but didn't because I figured games would be impossible to find.