What's new

Why do people buy Bose? (1 Viewer)

DaveGTP

Senior HTF Member

HA HA ! I've got the Bose setup in my Grand Prix GTP. When I first hooked up my $250 5-speaker Fluance setup (cheap but decent for the $ speakers), I was testing them out with a Collective Soul CD(my fave band) and was freaking out because there was this mysterious crackling sound in one of the songs. I troubleshot wires, etc, hooked up an old shelf CD/radio/tape setup, still, the crackling sound.

I did some investigating and found that the crackling was actually microphone crackle from the recording. I had never heard the crackle before. Listening, I found I could just baaaarely hear it on my car's system (where I do most of my CD listening). I would never have known it was there if I hadn't listened on better speakers.

Bose in the car is better than stock cheapass systems. But that's it. The Infinity setup in my friend's ugly Honda Element sounded better as far as my ears have spoken up. And my other friend's Cavalier has a fairly cheap after-market set-up that sounded better as well.

Bose is popular for two simple reasons:

1) Marketing & PR
2) Pyschological acoustic tricks that make them sound better "at a glance", so to speak. Just like the red-push and sharpness on TV sets in the store.

Seth--L

Screenwriter

I disagree. I have a Bose sound system in my Acura MDX, and I think it's awful. The sound is muddy, bass heavy, dry, and there are no highs. The speakers in soccer mom mini-vans sound better.

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator

I'm sorry you've had that experience but my BOSE system in my truck has tight, crisp bass. Outstanding highs due to the placement of the tweeters(above the dash) and great mid's. You're system may sound bad because of speaker placement or type of speakers but mine sounds better than every other afrermarket speaker I've had(and believe me I've had alot of them).

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator

I'm sorry you've had that experience but my BOSE system in my truck has tight, crisp bass. Outstanding highs due to the placement of the tweeters(above the dash) and great mid's. You're system may sound bad because of speaker placement or type of speakers but mine sounds better than every other afrermarket speaker I've had(and believe me I've had alot of them).

JakubH

Stunt Coordinator
The second post on the thread is correct. Brand recognition (and the associated 'status' among your peers), and Wife Acceptance Factor.

JakubH

Stunt Coordinator
The second post on the thread is correct. Brand recognition (and the associated 'status' among your peers), and Wife Acceptance Factor.

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator

Again, sorry yours sounded bad but mine DO NOT. I've had Infinity, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer(this list goes on and on) and my BOSE system happens to sound better. I'm not a BOSE fan at all and will in fact criticize them on their home theater products but as for my new Silverado's BOSE sytem, it is the best I've had.

Steven_Jobe

Stunt Coordinator

Again, sorry yours sounded bad but mine DO NOT. I've had Infinity, Kenwood, Sony, Pioneer(this list goes on and on) and my BOSE system happens to sound better. I'm not a BOSE fan at all and will in fact criticize them on their home theater products but as for my new Silverado's BOSE sytem, it is the best I've had.

Bose isn't a good speaker/sound company

Bose is an Incredible Advertisement Company, hehe;)

You've got to give BOSE some credit where it's deserved though. Being a Graphic Designer it's amazing to see and hear EVERYONE's opinion (who isn't informed, or educated) on Bose. Bose totally has their market hard-wired into thinking that Bose is the best. They have the general consumer right where they want them, in the palm of their hand. It's like the brand word, and product Kleenex. People think of speakers and they think Bose. Why? Because people have been "brain-washed" by advertisement, endorsements, etc.. into thinking BOSE is the best. So buy the best, buy Bose. Bose is the best, because people "THINK" their the best.

I will not bow to Bose.

-nuf said.

Bose isn't a good speaker/sound company

Bose is an Incredible Advertisement Company, hehe;)

You've got to give BOSE some credit where it's deserved though. Being a Graphic Designer it's amazing to see and hear EVERYONE's opinion (who isn't informed, or educated) on Bose. Bose totally has their market hard-wired into thinking that Bose is the best. They have the general consumer right where they want them, in the palm of their hand. It's like the brand word, and product Kleenex. People think of speakers and they think Bose. Why? Because people have been "brain-washed" by advertisement, endorsements, etc.. into thinking BOSE is the best. So buy the best, buy Bose. Bose is the best, because people "THINK" their the best.

I will not bow to Bose.

-nuf said.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks