What's new

Why do NFL teams keep giving Ryan Leaf a chance? (1 Viewer)

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
Damn, I haven't been paying attention. I knew there were plans to rearrange the divisions, but I didn't know it happened. I see that the Oakland and Denver rivalries will still exist. That's good.

Anybody know how the schedules will be set now? I guess there will be only six division games, I assume there'll still be four games against one division in the other conference. How will the remaining six games be chosen?

Shawn C

Screenwriter
Here's another QB bust...
Heath Shuler! Remember, he was a first round pick for the Redskins and didn't show up for practice for something like 2 weeks negotiating his contract. Oh, and he sucked too.
"It is widely accepted that Shuler scored a 16 on the Wonderlich intelligence test. That information was leaked out of the Redskins office, and has dogged Shuler for his entire career. (acceptable scores for quarterbacks are between 28 and 35) Also, word was his academic performance during three years at Tennessee was suspect. Turner and more importantly General Manager Charley Casserly ignored this, and went after Shuler anyway"
Link Removed

John Thomas

Senior HTF Member
Remember that when Leaf came out, it was pretty much a toss-up between him and Peyton Manning as to who would go 1 and 2 in the draft.
Wasn't it Lee Corso that stated before that draft that Leaf was the superior 'prototype' QB that would run circles around Manning? Yeah, I think so.
Ah, Corso. Always eating crow. :laugh:

Denward

Supporting Actor
From nfl.com:

Each team within a division will play 14 common opponents as follows:

Each team will play home and away against its three division opponents (6 games).

Each team will play the four teams from another division within its conference on a rotating three-year cycle (4 games).

Each team will play the four teams from a division in the other conference on a rotating four-year cycle (4 games).

Each team will play a pair of intraconference games based on the prior year's standings (2 games), i.e. first-place teams in a division will play against the first-place teams from another division within the same conference, etc.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
I don't know why you Seattle fans are getting so upset over the signing of Leaf. With Trent Dilfer and Hassleback on the team, Leaf will be the third string QB playing for a small (by NFL standards) salary. The third string QB is just some faceless guy with a clipboard, and only gets to play under dire circumstances. If Leaf creates any trouble in the locker room, he'll be very easy to cut and replaced by some other faceless guy who'll never play in the league.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
"It is widely accepted that Shuler scored a 16 on the Wonderlich intelligence test
A score of 10 on the Wonderlich is considered "literate". You might be surprised that more than a few of this years top draft picks scored between 6-9...

I love college football, but it borders on criminal for people to make it through 3 (or 4 or 5) years of college and not be able to pass as literate.

Shawn C

Screenwriter
You might be surprised that more than a few of this years top draft picks scored between 6-9...
Heh...I wonder where Peyton Manning is on the scale. He seems like a pretty intelligent guy. I think I remember reading that he spends ALOT of time with the playbooks and does alot of studying before the games. He seems like a pretty intelligent QB.

Kevin Potts

Second Unit
Speaking of big draft busters, what was the name of that running back from Nebraska that turned into a big dud? Lawrence Phillips maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks