What's new

Why did Universal convert the doubles to singles for "Miami Vice" and "The A-Team"? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by ChrisALM
That is what I will eventually do - replace my A Team season sets with the complete series release. With the Rockford Files, there was only the first season that was released on the DVD 18s, so I only need a new season 1.

I haven't watched The Munsters in a long time, but they originally played fine. My son watched the Universal released two seasons of Leave it to Beaver last winter, and they are still good. It has really been a hit or miss kind of thing for me.

The bottom line for me is there has been way too many bad Universal DVD 18 discs. Universal switching to single sided discs is very welcome news.

That's good to read about the Rockford Files sets. I haven't revisited those in a while so I had thought that the first 2-3 seasons were all DVD-18's.

Munsters: I lucked out here since I recently bought the complete s/s set and didn't get around to buying the earlier sets when they were released. I think it was because back then, that one was a little farther down on my list at the time.

The A-Team will have to be a double-dip, not crazy about that but I rarely d/d on TV/DVD sets so I'll bite one of the A-Team's bullets here. :)

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I purchased a season or two of both The A-Team and Knight Rider (original series) and then stopped once I realized that the discs for both series were double-sided discs. I may reconsider my decision for both series given this news. In fact, I'm going over to Amazon.com now. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks