WHy did it take mt so long to become a Scrubs fan???

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ches Campbell, Jun 25, 2002.

1. Ches Campbell

Ches Campbell Stunt Coordinator

THis is the second best comedy on TV (Friends is still my favorite). Actually, CSI is the only drama i like more. I just saw my first episdoe of Scrubs on the "Scrubsathon", and ended up watching all five episodes. I can't believe how awesome this show is. I will definately be recording it every thursday now. I am just ticked that I have missed so many episodes. Hopefully I can catch the rest of the reruns this summer.
    WHo are the other scrubs fans out there?
    Later

2. Jason_Els

Jason_Els Screenwriter

Because the title of the show is completely silly and it wasn't marketed as a comedy (at least here in NY). Scrubs just appeared to be another hospital drama.

3. matt bee

matt bee Stunt Coordinator

I love this show. It quickly became my favorite shows on television. I especially like the interaction between JD and the janitor. I just hope they don't change that for next season.
    Plus I want a dog just like JD's.[​IMG]

4. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

Scrubs is one of the LOL shows that I watched early on this past season, but I'm having to catch up because I had too many other things to watch on Tuesday nights, and Scrubs was a casualty. Loved the Christa Miller's appearances (so much better on "Scrubs" than on the Drew Carey show).

5. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

Because it was opposite "24"

6. Craig Robertson

Craig Robertson Supporting Actor

i love scrubs also.

7. Daniel Swartz

Daniel Swartz Second Unit

I dunno. I enjoy Scrubs but don't really miss it if I forget to record an episode. To me, it plays like a 30 min. skit. The character development isn't there yet. The jokes are good but can they keep running them for 8 years? I mean how often can we laugh at a janitor/JD joke? I hope it survives the cursed 8:30 slot but am skeptical... I hope that they bring on Christa Miller full-time though next season. The Drew Carey show is a sinking ship...

8. Dave Kalloch

Dave Kalloch Stunt Coordinator

Been watching since day one. Some of the funniest bits on TV.[​IMG]

9. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Stunt Coordinator

Dave: me too! i never watched ANY of the other "hospital dramas", so Scrubs _IS_ something new to me, not to mention it can pull off drama just as well as comedy (that episode where JD, the blonde girl and Tuck all become emotionally attached to three patients who all die at the end is a real tear-jerker)

Oh, and the janitor vs. JD thing is probably not going to be as common in the next season since the janitor was shown tormeting a new intern in the last episode of the season.

10. Daniel Swartz

I forgot about that Peter. Good point. But still...

11. Chris Wittry

Chris Wittry Stunt Coordinator

Well, I'd have to guess that because both Friends and Frasier will be on their last seasons we'll be seeing a lot of this show in the future. I really enjoy it and hope that it continues to do well! [​IMG]

12. Daniel Swartz

I'm sorry but any show that has Carrot Top as a guest star has jumped the shark in my opinion! [​IMG]

13. John Spencer

John Spencer Supporting Actor

I really like how they got the sexual relationship thing out of the way early on. They did it, got over it, got tired of each other, and ended up as friends all within the span of an episode. As long as they continue to successfully use the Seinfeld-Simpsons "Everything resets next episode" mechanic, I could see this show being funny for quite a while.

And I love the "surprise party" when JD introduces his mentor to the "trustee". Just awesome. One of my favorite TV moments in a while.

14. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I love this show, though it got shoved off my VCR list because of too much competition on Tuesday nights, so I'm catching up on the episodes I haven't seen.

Last night's episode was really entertaining, from Kelso and Carla car pooling, J.D. and the social worker almost hooking up, J.D. and the janitor betting on whether J.D. would be hooking up, J.D. and Elliot being on the outs and then the ins, Turk and Dr. Cox with their synchronized urination schedules, and the love triangle between Turk, Dr. Cox and Karla. All of this in 22 minutes!

15. Dave Kalloch

Dave Kalloch Stunt Coordinator

Though I have'nt seen the fall schedule, it looks like Thurs at 8:30 is SCRUBS new time slot.

16. Matt Stone

Matt Stone Lead Actor

This is another show that I magically missed. With school, I haven't been watching much "new" TV, but I've watched everything this summer, and man it's damn funny.

17. Daniel Swartz

C'mon... Carrot Top!! [​IMG]

18. KenA

KenA Stunt Coordinator

Ken Appell
    I also became a big fan during the summer. I watched part of one episode during the season and couldn't get into it. I decided to give it another shot when there was nothing else on and I laughed my ass off. My TiVo is now grabbing them all whenever NBC slips in a re-run.

19. Ted Lee

Ted Lee Lead Actor

i must admit i don't catch it as often as i like, but when i do i'm very glad! [​IMG] an excellent show.
    it's hard to describe, but i think "fresh" works for me. i really like the insightful "commentary" that is often voiced-over. i REALLY like the sarcastic head-doctor guy - he's probably my favorite. even though he's sarcastic as hell, he knows what he's doing and really wants his interns (or whatever they are) to learn.
    oddly enough...the only character i don't like is the janitor. i just don't get him - he annoys me.