What's new

Why can't Universal seem to make up their minds on these releases? (1 Viewer)

Travis W.

Second Unit
http://www.davisdvd.com/news/daily_news.html

Every Friday for the last month or so, we've been hearing of Universal delaying titles and bumping back and forth. Van Helsing was pushed from 9/28 to it's originally reported date of 10/19...to 10/19 again. Then Dawn of the Dead (a film that came out close to three months before Van Helsing) has been pushed from 10/5 to 10/19 and now to 10/26. Other titles playing the shuffle game as of late include: Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind (9/28 to 10/5 and finally back to 10/5), Fast Times at Ridgemont High and Dazed and Confused special editions.

My question is simple: why is Universal getting cold feet over these titles and why must the confuse everybody by complicating this...eh forget it, like they care.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Good question. Could be a number of things though. Maybe they want to avoid selling against certain other titles coming out the same day. Maybe it is a matter of putting extras together. Maybe it has something to do with production capacity. Maybe there has been errors on test discs and they want to do the discs right. Could also be that the orignal street dates were just reported by certain sites, but never really official.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have all of the above movies in my hands now, but, as they say, all good things in time.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
It seems like some of the changes are bringing the horror films closer to a Halloween release. Makes sense to me. Personally, I think "Bad Santa" would have done better with a November or December release to DVD...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks