What's new

Why can't I record the movie channels?????? (1 Viewer)

Brad Newton

Second Unit
I have a Samsung VR-325 & have tried to record a couple of movies this weekend since Dish network was offering HBO free. When I set up a timer recording, I got the sound but no picture, but when I just recorded without out setting the timer, everything was fine. Why the different results?

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
How do you have it all connected? Satellite box to Samsung? (What connections?) Samsung to TV? (Ditto) Or are you going from the satellite to the TV and then out to the Samsung?

Regards,

Joe

Brad Newton

Second Unit
Satellite to Samsung via svideo. Samsung to tv via rf. This setup would capture the audio, but not video. If I started watching through the dvd recorder, it would record, but not with timer recording. I have since switched the connection from the satellite receiver to the Samsung to composite & have no problems. It must have been the blocking feature of the premium channels.

JohnDG

Stunt Coordinator
Warning: uninformed post. :)

I don't know anything about the Samsung recorder, but I had to manually activate S-Video inputs for my Sony GX7.

jdg

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks