Why cant I get any sound out of stereo with new TV?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jay Studebaker, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Jay Studebaker

Jay Studebaker Auditioning

Just got a new JVC 32" TV AV32230. Took out my old Hitachi 31" and put in the new tv. Hooked the audio input/outputs up the same as I had on my old tv but I am getting no sound through the stereo with my new tv. Regular tv sound works fine but I am getting no sound through my stereo on regular tv and when I play a tape on the vcr. This is a really basic Technics prologic system. On the back of the TV I have a R/L audio out and a Video/R/L out that is hooked up. Why isn't it working the same on my new TV? Thanks.

2. brian stiles

brian stiles Auditioning

check the manual. ..my sony will only output to its speakers or to the rca audio outs. ..but not both at the same time. ..its a pain!!
    -stiles

3. Mike LS

Mike LS Supporting Actor

Have you checked to see if the audio outputs are enabled in the audio menu of the TV? Alot of new sets allow you to disable these outputs if they aren't in use.
    Another thing to check is whether the R/L jacks are tied to the level of the main volume control on the TV. That's pretty basic, but some TV's have a set output for the auxillary jacks and some are tied directly to the output level that the volume control is set to.
    Turn the TVs volume up most of the way and see if you get anything from the stereo.