What's new

Why can't I edit my own posts? (1 Viewer)

Why can't I edit my own posts?

If I click on the edit link I get a message saying I am not logged in (even though the screen shows that I am logged in) or I don't have permissions to perform the action.

Thanks.

--Jerome

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jerome:
Sounds like you have lost your cookie for the board then. You need to make sure that you have the "Automatically login" turned on and the "Browse the board with cookies" turned off in your user options.
Parker

Hi Parker,

Thanks for the tip but it didn't help. I have cookies enabled and my browser (IE 5.5 SP 2) is set to allow cookies. I participate in other forums running on vBulletin and don't seem to have this problem.

Thanks.

--Jerome

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
Jerome:

I changed the options you have set in the User Control Panel of this board. I wasn't referring to your browsers settings but the settings you used on this forum. You had both "Automatically Login" and "Browse this board with cookies" turned on in your options for this site. I set the "Browse this board with cookies" option to off. You should now be able to edit your posts, etc. with no problems.

Parker

Parker,
I goofed. I misread your first reply and thought you said "Browse the board with Cookies turned on."
Thanks for squaring it away.
I'll try to read more carefully next time. Perhaps there are eyeglasses in my future :)
--Jerome

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks