Why can't I edit my own posts?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jerome Saliga, Oct 24, 2002.

1. Jerome Saliga

Why can't I edit my own posts?

If I click on the edit link I get a message saying I am not logged in (even though the screen shows that I am logged in) or I don't have permissions to perform the action.

Thanks.

--Jerome

2. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jerome:
    Sounds like you have lost your cookie for the board then. You need to make sure that you have the "Automatically login" turned on and the "Browse the board with cookies" turned off in your user options.
    Parker

3. Jerome Saliga

Hi Parker,

Thanks for the tip but it didn't help. I have cookies enabled and my browser (IE 5.5 SP 2) is set to allow cookies. I participate in other forums running on vBulletin and don't seem to have this problem.

Thanks.

--Jerome

4. Parker Clack

Parker Clack Schizophrenic Man

Parker
    Jerome:

I changed the options you have set in the User Control Panel of this board. I wasn't referring to your browsers settings but the settings you used on this forum. You had both "Automatically Login" and "Browse this board with cookies" turned on in your options for this site. I set the "Browse this board with cookies" option to off. You should now be able to edit your posts, etc. with no problems.

Parker

5. Jerome Saliga

Parker,
    I goofed. I misread your first reply and thought you said "Browse the board with Cookies turned on."
    Thanks for squaring it away.
    I'll try to read more carefully next time. Perhaps there are eyeglasses in my future [​IMG]
    --Jerome