Why Canadians order from the U.S. (e.g.)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Steve K.H., Sep 5, 2002.

1. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

Question posed to Panasonic Canada today.

2. Jeff_Fitz

Jeff_Fitz Stunt Coordinator

Steve:
    If you decide to go ahead, you might want to consider buying through Etronics. They are a large electronics etailer based in NY. They seem to be about as good as most. They have the Panasonic DVD-CP72S for $259.99 USD.
    The main advantage to buying from Etronics is that they use a Canadian checkout technology by a Canadian company called Borderfree. My understanding is that you will get a guaranteed price to your door in Canadian dollars which includes all taxes, duty, brokerage, and shipping. To get the details on how it works go to http://www.borderfree.com.
    eCost and HiFi.Com are other electronics etailers using Borderfree technology but they don't seem to carry the CP-72 right now.
    Hope that helps,
    Jeff

3. Steve K.H.

Steve K.H. Supporting Actor

Excellent... I'm aware of Borderfree... more Online retailers should take advantage of it. With 12% of the population of the US and more per capita wired in, and a whack of non-available products here, plus lower prices, I can't fathom why online retailers don't push to increase market share through sales to Canada.