Why buy intigrated?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Butch C, May 21, 2002.

1. Butch C

Butch C Second Unit

I have dish network so my question is that if I have to buy a Dishnet HDTV reciever and new dish buying a HDTV intigrated TV would be a waste, right?

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

basically it would be unless you wanted both direct tv and dish network..most intergrated receivers are also compatable with direct tv...

You could also use the intergrated receiver for OTA digital signals only and use the Dish HD receiver for Satallite and not purchase the OTA module that you buy separate with the dish 6000 HD receiver..Going this way however would increase your over all costs...

3. errol

errol Stunt Coordinator

Hi Butch,

Integrated systems also cost a whole lot more. Why pay an avg of $2000 for an stb that only cost a fraction of that?

r,

Errol

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

The RCA integrated sets have DirecTV and OTA HD tuners built in, Sony and Mits are OTA only.

I already had DirecTV, so decided to go with a non-integrated HD-ready model, and simply upgrade my receiver and dish.

A similar upgrade is available with Dish, but their receiver requires an optional plug in module for OTA reception.

DirecTV just added Showtime HD, so they now offer that plus HBOHD and HDNet for a total of 3 satellite HD channels.

Dish has Showtime and HBO HD, and if you can get a waiver from your local CBS affiliate they also have CBS's HD feed on their system. They also have a demo channel.