Why are white surround speakers so hard to find??

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Steve Ridges, Feb 8, 2006.

1. Steve Ridges

Steve Ridges Stunt Coordinator

I need new surround speakers. My wife doesn't want a big black eye sore on the wall so she agreed if I bought white ones. I want Klipsch to match the rest of my speakers but no one has white ones (SS-1). Everyone I talk to says they sell 100 black for every 1 white. I find that hard to believe. So now I'm stuck. The only white speakers I can find are Polks and Infinity. Any other suggestions for an effiecent, white, bipole/dipole surround?

2. Peter f

Peter f Stunt Coordinator

Hey Steve

The Boston Acoustics Bravo II is available in white.

Also, I have a pair of Klipsch synergy KSB 1.1 bookshelves that i was using for surrounds for sale if you want them...they are white too

3. FeisalK

FeisalK Screenwriter

Paradigm ADP 170s are also available in white

4. Steve Ridges

Steve Ridges Stunt Coordinator

Thanks guys. After much searching, I found a store in Texas with 3 Klipsch RS-35 in white. Has anyone dealt with Bjorn's in San Antonio? They seem legit but since the speakers are part of a close out, they normally are resevered for local sales only. The only way they will sell to me is via a wire tranfer. He says they are too woried about cc fraud. It seams like sort of a red flag to me but I guess I'll go ahead with it. I REALLY want matching Klipsch and they have to be white or I'll never hear the end of it.

http://www.bjorns.com/clearanceitems.html

5. LanceJ

LanceJ Producer

I've never been to Bjorn's, but if it helps any, Toshiba Corporation picked them to host the unveiling of the HD-DVD format here in the States. So they must have something going for them.

6. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I do know they’ve been around for a long time – 30 years according to their web site – so they must have something on the ball. It’s probably a safe purchase, but if you’re worried, ask if they’ll do COD. Offer to eat the extra shipping charges, of course.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

7. anth_c

anth_c Stunt Coordinator

I've been to Bjorn's store about three years ago...they are for real, have a knowledgeable staff, and have some incredible rooms. Their super-high end room had a special surround format designed by Tomlinson Holman (the guy involved with the creation of THX)...it was featured in Sound and Vision magazine in 2002 or 2003. Anyway it was a true room within a room construction, seating for 20 plus. I remember the guy demoing the system saying the lens on the projector was something like $60,000. Pretty amazing.

For you guys in Houston, Austin, or Dallas it is worth a road trip to check it out.

Anthony

8. SethH

SethH Cinematographer

Cambridge Soundworks sells white surrounds that have a switch to allow them to run in bipole, dipole, or monopole mode.