What's new

Why are white surround speakers so hard to find?? (1 Viewer)

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
I need new surround speakers. My wife doesn't want a big black eye sore on the wall so she agreed if I bought white ones. I want Klipsch to match the rest of my speakers but no one has white ones (SS-1). Everyone I talk to says they sell 100 black for every 1 white. I find that hard to believe. So now I'm stuck. The only white speakers I can find are Polks and Infinity. Any other suggestions for an effiecent, white, bipole/dipole surround?

Peter f

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Steve

The Boston Acoustics Bravo II is available in white.

Also, I have a pair of Klipsch synergy KSB 1.1 bookshelves that i was using for surrounds for sale if you want them...they are white too

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks guys. After much searching, I found a store in Texas with 3 Klipsch RS-35 in white. Has anyone dealt with Bjorn's in San Antonio? They seem legit but since the speakers are part of a close out, they normally are resevered for local sales only. The only way they will sell to me is via a wire tranfer. He says they are too woried about cc fraud. It seams like sort of a red flag to me but I guess I'll go ahead with it. I REALLY want matching Klipsch and they have to be white or I'll never hear the end of it.

http://www.bjorns.com/clearanceitems.html

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
I've never been to Bjorn's, but if it helps any, Toshiba Corporation picked them to host the unveiling of the HD-DVD format here in the States. So they must have something going for them.

Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
I do know they’ve been around for a long time – 30 years according to their web site – so they must have something on the ball. It’s probably a safe purchase, but if you’re worried, ask if they’ll do COD. Offer to eat the extra shipping charges, of course.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

anth_c

Stunt Coordinator
I've been to Bjorn's store about three years ago...they are for real, have a knowledgeable staff, and have some incredible rooms. Their super-high end room had a special surround format designed by Tomlinson Holman (the guy involved with the creation of THX)...it was featured in Sound and Vision magazine in 2002 or 2003. Anyway it was a true room within a room construction, seating for 20 plus. I remember the guy demoing the system saying the lens on the projector was something like $60,000. Pretty amazing.

For you guys in Houston, Austin, or Dallas it is worth a road trip to check it out.

Anthony

SethH

Senior HTF Member
Cambridge Soundworks sells white surrounds that have a switch to allow them to run in bipole, dipole, or monopole mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks