What's new

Why are some Bond DVDs so hard to find? (1 Viewer)

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I didn't have much trouble locating used copies of Dr.No and Goldfinger, but Thunderball and From Russia with Love seem to be very hard to find.

On Ebay, both DVDs are reported to be OOP.

I know the Bond box sets are still available, so are these titles really OOP?

All things being equal, not sure why Thunderball and Russia are so rarely seen used.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
everything on ebay is oop !

they are going to re-realese all the films soon
at least you guys didnt have living daylights banned after 9/11 we in the uk did for over a year

TommyJD

Stunt Coordinator
All the films are getting a nice upgrade with new transfers,DD5.1 soundtracks and brand new extras.Street date is supposedly Oct 2005.Will be known as "Ultimate Editions".A deluxe box set containing all the films is also planned.I guess i'll start saving now.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I won't re-buy a Bond film or round out my set until HD. It's getting sad when you know all these super-duper revisited DVD's that come out are pretty much ready to go for HD releases. Just a matter of waiting.
When the entire series comes out on HD I'll bite the bullet...if I'm not living on the streets by then.

Until then I'm content with what I have even though some of the old transfers aren't the greatest. For as much as I watch them, they'll do.

Glen C

Stunt Coordinator
having had the 3 boxsets (complete 007 collection) since they first came out, i think it's a no-brainer still NOT to upgrade until hidef.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the new Bond film is postponed until 2006 (or so) now that Pierce Brosnan is out and there is no replacement as of yet. I wonder if they'll hold off on the new DVDs as well since the they seem like an ideal marketing match with the next film?

Dave Moritz

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave Moritz
I currently have about 1/2 the 007 movies on dvd and it sucks that there are many of the movies not available outside of boxsets. I am seriously considering if I am going to rebuy the 10 I have all over again. Maybe I might in hd but that depends on what the discs retail for. I am glad that Die Another Day was in DTS and hope that some of the bond movies are rereleased in DTS. With DD its just another blawn DD track aka dud digital. I hope that they reconcider releasing the movies sepratly.

Sean Patrick

Supporting Actor
Showtime played a beautiful HiDef transfer of GOLDENEYE the other day, so when HD-DVD comes out i am sure many of these will be ready for release.

some dvd's can rival their HD counterparts, Goldeneye is not one of them!!!!

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
I picked up all the Bond flicks with the last box sets. I won't re-up with the next release and I may or may not do the high-def versions when they come out. Depends on how far down the road it happens. I'm pretty happy with the current DVDs.

I did have a lot of trouble locating the third box set a couple of months after it was released. Going to a Best Buy or CC these days, I don't see them all that often in the box set areas.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
I only need:

Thunderball
On Her Majesty's Secret Service
Live and Let Die
Moonraker
and
For Your Eyes Only

Adam_ME

Supporting Actor

I didn't have any trouble finding From Russia With Love on eBay, but Thunderball is the most sought after Bond DVD for some odd reason.

Lyle_JP

Screenwriter
Living Daylights was banned in Britain over Sam Neill not giving permission to use his screen-test in the documentary, if I remember correctly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks