What's new

Why Are Japanese DVDs so Expensive? (1 Viewer)

RobD

Second Unit
Evita had a DTS laserdisc track, quite an excellent too as well as a DTS French release so chances are good for that one.

I'd question Silence of the Lambs, I have a couple of HK releases that I'm pretty sure are re-encodes, Battle Royale and possibly Rules of Engagement.

CraigL

Screenwriter
I don't have any Japanese releases that are DTS. All of my imports that have DTS are from Korea.

I'm guessing Evita, Ransom and Crimson Tide are NOT re-encodes as they still have the Touchtone information on the covers and whatknot.

But the others (K-19, Silence of the Lambs, Insomnia) do not have their information on the outside. :frowning:

Oddly enough...the Evita is slightly out of sync. It's too bad :frowning: I wish there was a professional way of getting reviews of these discs.

Demetri K

Stunt Coordinator
DVD prices are starting to go down quite a bit over here. I just bought X men 2 yesterday for 2600 yen(around 22 Us(which BTW is a pretty decent DVD and transfer cosidering a DD and a DTS track where added). In fact the last 5 dvds I have bought have been cheaper and cheaper. Matrix 2(coming Oct 17th here) will sell for the same price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks