What's new

Why are all STB boxes satellite decoders also? (1 Viewer)

Harold A

Stunt Coordinator
Is the RCA DTC100 the only HDTV STB that will allow you to view OTA HDTV material with out requiring satellite service? Why don't manufactures come out with HDTV STB for only OTA broadcasts? A lot of people including myself have no plans to get a dish and it would be nice to have other options besides the RCA. Maybe something with component outs.
Harold

Mike I

Supporting Actor
Samsung just introduced the str-t150 hd decoder for ota 8vsb only...Manufactured suggest retail is 699
------------------

CarlS

Stunt Coordinator
The new Panasonic STB will let you watch HD without signing up for DirectTV. It is a little more expensive than the DTC100 though. It has component outs also.

Frank_S

Supporting Actor
Mike I, I cannot find the T150 anywhere on Samsungs website but I did see the SIR-T100. Are you sure about that model number?
I recently purchased the Mitsubishi HD-400 stb but I've been seriously considering returning it after reading about DirecTv's placing of the HD blocking chip in all Hughes built boxes. I'm really disgusted with that and believe I may have to boycott any product with that capability. It's really awful not knowing if this generation STB and for that matter HDTV's will function as such in the near future with all the talk about DFAST/HDCP/5c.

Mike I

Supporting Actor
http://www.etown.com/electronics/pro...product_review
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks