What's new

Why an iPad with cellular? (1 Viewer)

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
And you know what? When all is said and done, with me getting an approx. $50 GVT discount on the new iPad and if it doesn't go up in price, I might have opted for the cellular model since I plan to hold on to this new device for several years before another upgrade...

...but then the alleged video of the new Apple Pencil leaked and if there is a huge advantage of owning it over v2, then that's another freakin' $100 I have to spend so the cellular option suddenly becomes a "no go!"
So many toys...so little money. ;)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
It's only $5 a month if you are on Verizon's top 2-3 cellular plans, which I am. That's part of my reasoning.

Where are you seeing this information?

I am considering a 5G iPad but I don't see any indication of a $5 a month fee on the top Verizon plans. In fact, what I have been getting in Google results is very expensive data-capped plans.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this. I do like $5 a month. I can definitely do that.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Where are you seeing this information?

I am considering a 5G iPad but I don't see any indication of a $5 a month fee on the top Verizon plans. In fact, what I have been getting in Google results is very expensive data-capped plans.

Thanks for any help you can provide on this. I do like $5 a month. I can definitely do that.
It was part of their recent reorganization. Will see if I can find a link.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
These seem to be Verizon's plans for tablets

verizon.jpg

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
I might be remembering wrong and only the watches got down to that low, not tablets. It was a year ago I looked into it.

I am on Verizon's top plan and my watch costs me $10 a month. I am thinking of getting rid of that plan.

Yeah, there does not seem to be a $5 tablet plan nor even $10. It's much more expensive than that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks