What's new

Why am I getting a scrambled picture for Fable? (1 Viewer)

Romier S

Senior HTF Member

From the post above:

8. pull and hold both the L and R shoulder buttons at the same time.( do not release them )

9. click in and release both the left thumbstick and right thumbstick at the same time. release the shoulder buttons.

Make sure 480 is enabled in your dashboard video settings. Consequently you can follow the instructions Dan posted above which will walk you completely through it.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Jeff Adams,

What HDTV do you own? I think I've read all of your threads on this subject and haven't seen you mention it yet. That right there is the most important bit of information.

So far I've played Fable on a Samsung 42" 2002 rear projection HDTV, a Samsung DLP 61" 2004 model, and an NEC LT150 DLP front projector. No problems.

I think getting a list of what tv's don't work and why is the best way to help people. Hopefully they'll offer replacements to those that do have that problem but it sounds pretty isolated to a few models.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter

I have the Sharp 64LHP 4000. It's one of the earlier HDTV models, but IMO still one of the best looking.
Something else that I thought was kind of wierd, is everytime I put in an XBOX game my TV scrambles but all I have to do is turn off my TV and then turn it back on and it is fine. I have to do this with all games. But that problem is nothing like what I am experiencing with Fable.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
I've never heard of such a problem with any game. How it could be selective to some combinations of TV/Xbox is very strange.

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
I heard fable does it only when 480p is used and xbox is set up as widescreen. I also heard this is only a problem with newer xbox's. We have 2 xbox's connected to 2 different hdtvs. One xbox is brand new and connected to a sony 51 inch widescreen hdtv. That one has the scrambled picture. The other xbox which is a couple years old is hooked up to a sony 43inch 4:3 hdtv and it works fine without having to make the dashboard go 480p. Both connected with component cables.

Robbie R

Stunt Coordinator
From what I inderstand when running Fable your X-box does not tell your TV to Switch to 480P. TV's that do not detect the signal themselves and swith to 480P on their own have the problem.

BrianS

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like I might be affected as well. I got my game in today from a trade & popped it in to see if it worked okay.

I am getting a picture but it seems to be very bright all over. Is the first area just like this or is this a picture problem. It doesn't appear to be natural looking. My shirt practically glows as do most people's skin. It is kind of hazy looking, almost like a dream-like setting. Is it supposed to look like this or is this due to the problem?

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Brian,
I can't answer your question but I get absolutely no picture at all. It's just a bunch of digital compression pixels that show up on my screen.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter

Yes, it is very strange. I am also having the exact same problem with a demo disc that I got with the official XBOX magazine issue #35 Sept issue. It has the Men of Valor demo which I was looking forward to playing.

Jesse_S

Auditioning
I had the same problem with Men of Valor. I wrote it off as a bad disk though. It was a demo disk so, I didn't worry about it much. Although, I did make a request for a replacement (which they of course seem to have ignored).

Anyway, I put in Fable just the other day and low and behold..the same thing. So, here I am Googling and finding this thread.

Thanks! I simply turned on the xbox, did the LR + two joystick thing (made the dashboard much clearer :) ). Fable works fine now. I have a sony FV-36HS410.

Jesse

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Jesse,

Is this all you had to do?

1. Pull and hold both the left and right shoulder buttons. (Don't release yet.)
2. Click in and release both the left and right thumbsticks at the same time. (Don't release the shoulder buttons yet.)
3. Click and release both the left and right thumbsticks at the same time.
4. Release shoulder buttons.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks