What's new

WHV Press Release: The Wizard of Oz 70th Anniversary UCE (DVD/Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Marvin

Only two stores - and no online retailers - most certainly counts as "few options."
That's like bemoaning the fact that you can only get something like a caramel mocchiata (sp?) at Starbucks. Sure, they're limited, but they're also everywhere.

If you want the 3-disc version, you have 1 option. Even if you have a Target nearby - as I do - and they have it in stock - as they did when I bought mine - you're still likely to pay a higher price for it than if its availability hadn't been restricted to 1 store.
Perhaps, but there's several different price points depending on location and SKU, ranging from under $20 to $60+. I can't see the pricing moving from that regardless of availability.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
i watched Gone w/the Wind Bonus not long ago, and i read that Selznick lured Victor Flemming AWAY from Wizard of Oz during production, do you guys know which director finally finished Oz or did Flemming come back and finish Oz after the conflict w/Gone w/Wind?

it's pretty interesting both box sets are linked by Flemming ;).

King Vidor reshot the Scarecrow scene, song, and dance. He also shot almost all of the Kansas footage, including "Over the Rainbow." Fleming returned to help get the rough and final cuts of Oz into shape.

JediFonger

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
YiFeng You
thanks eric,

i'm pretty sure all of this stuff is covered extensively in this huge box set. just waiting for the price to come down (hopefully) on amazon.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
I watched the movie last night (looked great!) but none of the extras yet. I noticed on the main menu of disc 1 (I have the 3 disc Target version), the list of extras, going across the bottom of the screen has an "X" at the right. It allows you to click on it but it didn't do anything (I thought it might bring up a second screen). I don't have it hooked up to the internet so I don't know if it's related to "BD Live." Anyone know anything about this?

One bad thing about the case is that the flap that holds disc 2 made a small scratch on the 2-sided MGM doc that it sits on top of. Probably not enough to affect playback, but still...

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Marvin

I noticed on the main menu of disc 1 (I have the 3 disc Target version), the list of extras, going across the bottom of the screen has an "X" at the right. It allows you to click on it but it didn't do anything (I thought it might bring up a second screen).
I don't know for sure but it sounds like that's the 'X' that you hit to get rid of the menu when you bring up the menu during the movie. I don't know why it would be there on the main menu though.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
Originally Posted by TravisR

I don't know for sure but it sounds like that's the 'X' that you hit to get rid of the menu when you bring up the menu during the movie. I don't know why it would be there on the main menu though.
That makes sense, I guess. I tried this after the movie ended.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Originally Posted by JediFonger

thanks eric,

i'm pretty sure all of this stuff is covered extensively in this huge box set. just waiting for the price to come down (hopefully) on amazon.

It's also covered in the bonus material included with the 3-disc Target set, which is identical to the box content-wise save for the digital copy on the 4th disc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks