What's new

WHV Press Release: Tenet (4k UHD) (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Closed captioning provided by Bane.

I haven't seen Tenet yet so can't comment on that one. But I saw The Dark Knight Rises multiple times in theaters and on Blu-ray and never had any trouble understanding anything that Tom Hardy or anyone else in it had to say. It will be interesting to see what happens with this one.

One more week until the wait is over.

Edwin-S

Premium
I don't think it is a bad film. It is just convoluted for almost no purpose.
The time travel aspect didn't add anything to the film other than confusion.

Added the spoiler tags for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. Sorry.

Edwin-S

Premium
I haven't seen Tenet yet so can't comment on that one. But I saw The Dark Knight Rises multiple times in theaters and on Blu-ray and never had any trouble understanding anything that Tom Hardy or anyone else in it had to say. It will be interesting to see what happens with this one.

One more week until the wait is over.
The film has stretches where the dialogue is hard to make out because of the audio mix. It was one of the loudest films I have been to yet in terms of BGM and sound effects.

I wasn't all that impressed with it since I thought the central premise was soap opera mundane; however, I still would have liked to have seen it in its native IMAX format. No chance of that with Covid 19 around.

Reggie W

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pike Bishop
Watched this on blu last night. I really enjoyed it. It is another Nolan film where he seems to revel in his influences of Michael Mann and James Bond but hey, I like that stuff too so I was OK with that. I thought it was a really good well conceived thriller if probably a bit overly convoluted. I was good with that though too because I liked how it pushed the audience to keep up. A bit weak in the character department but I expect that with most films these days and I feel this was done intentionally as a gag to make fun of modern films and the bland/generic "protagonist"...get it?

I did laugh each time JD Washington referred to himself as "The Protagonist."

It's a beautiful looking film as you would expect. It moves at a breakneck pace and it is clearly designed for multiple viewings. I don't think it was Nolan's best picture but this is a really fun twisty turny popcorn yarn that does everything you want in a movie night.

I had no problem with dialogue but wondered if the stuff some people struggled to hear was the dialogue that was looped backwards.

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Watched this on 4k two days ago. Possibly one of the best modern 4k presentations I have seen to date with the exception of the absence of Atmos (I know why).

INTERSTELLAR is perhaps my all-time favorite sci-fi and Nolan film. It's a brilliant, very deep story that pulls at your emotions.

TENET might be even more brilliant than INTERSTELLAR. However, it's so complex in its storytelling that by the time it's through you think you understood it all, yet might have to see it again just to catch the things you missed.

This film can really blow you away with its concept, but make no mistake about it -- it's a difficult film to follow and quite often you find yourself having to fill in the missing pieces.

See this on disc rather than digital. The IMAX sequences are incredible. The subs in my chairs were rumbling throughout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BBinIndy