1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release WHV Press Release: Scooby-Doo: Where Are You! 50th Anniversary Mystery Mansion (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    SD-50TH-MYSTERY-MANSION-GLAM-SHOT-FINAL-SMALL.
    (Click on photo for larger image)

JINKIES!

SCOOBY-DOO, WHERE ARE YOU!:
    THE LIMITED EDITION 50TH ANNIVERSARY MYSTERY MANSION

RELEASED BY WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT
    SEPTEMBER 3, 2019
    FEATURES ALL EPISODES OF THE ICONIC
    SCOOBY-DOO WHERE ARE YOU! SERIES
    ON BLU-RAY
    FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER!

Four-Disc Collection Includes 41 Episodes Packaged in a
    Limited Edition Collectible Mystery Mansion Giftset that Features
    Enhanced Content Plus Unique Memorabilia Including an Exclusive Scooby-Doo Funko Keychain and A Mini Scooby-Doo Encyclopedia!

BURBANK, CA (June 25, 2019) – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment (WBHE) salutes that lovable Great Dane, Scooby-Doo and the Mystery Inc. gang with the release of Scooby-Doo, Where are You!: The Complete Series Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Mystery Mansion. Available in stores on September 3, 2019, this release is packaged in an eye-catching, limited edition collectible mystery mansion giftset that includes all 41 episodes of the original series, Scooby-Doo! Where are You!, released on Blu-ray™ for the first time, as well as a Digital Copy of the series. This must-own box set has some fun extras. The set contains all-new HD content and Scooby-Doo collectibles including an exclusive Scooby-Doo Funko keychain, and a mini Scooby-Doo Encyclopedia. Scooby-Doo, Where are You!: The Complete Series Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Mystery Mansion will retail for $89.99 SRP.

For 50 years, the Mystery Inc. gang has entertained Scooby-Doo fans with zany hijinks, action-packed adventures and engaging mysteries that have captivated viewers of all ages. What started as a Saturday morning cartoon, exploded into an enormously successful franchise encompassing multiple spin-off series, original animated and live action films, consumer products and much more. Now fans have the opportunity to enjoy the original series which launched Scooby-Doo into worldwide stardom.

Scooby-Doo follows the adventures of four teens, Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and his lovable, but cowardly Great Dane, Scooby-Doo, as they travel far and wide in their stylish van, the Mystery Machine, to solve mysteries involving ghosts, monsters and other supernatural forces. Their entertaining adventures are always filled with hilarious hijinks and sometimes even catchy musical moments. Through teamwork and clever investigation, the teen sleuths solve case after case, while unmasking the villains who are usually behind each of the mysteries they encounter.

“We are thrilled to celebrate the golden anniversary of Scooby-Doo, with the release of this gorgeous, limited edition, collectible set,” said Mary Ellen Thomas, Vice President Family & Animation Marketing. She added, “The original Scooby-Doo! Where are You! series is an iconic cartoon that has captivated audiences for generations. We are delighted to release the series on Blu-ray™ for the first time ever. Scooby-Doo fans and collectors won’t want to miss the chance to own this unique, classic animation collectible.”

Brand-new Bonus Content:
    • My Life with Scooby – Frank Welker’s Animated Journey (Featurette):
      Frank Welker is the only voice actor to work on Scooby-Doo in its many incarnations, since the very first series debuted in 1969. Welker has been the voice of Freddy since the beginning and has provided the voice of Scooby-Doo since 2002. My Life with Scooby is a personal look at the seminal voice actor’s five-decade body of work on Scooby-Doo, complete with personal stories and fun memories from the recording booth.
    • A Scooby-Doo for Everyone (Featurette):
      The iconic look and feel of the original Scooby-Doo cartoon is a beloved classic… and within 50 years of animated adventures, WB Animation has created a host of different versions of the series for each new generation. From the kid-friendly approach of A Pup Named Scooby-Doo to the envisioned look of Be Cool Scooby-Doo, WB Animation has consistently reimagined the characters in fun and exciting ways over five decades. Interviews with the animators behind the many different Scooby-Doo versions, reveal the compelling creative process.
    • 50 Years of Scooby Snacks (Featurette):
      A narrated history of the cultural impact of everyone’s favorite mystery-solving gang over the last 50 years. This fun-filled featurette is brought to life by interviews with creatives and cultural historians, plus clips from the TV series, films, toys lines, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi Scooby-Doo ride, and upcoming animated feature…Scoob.
    • Scooby-Doo and the Lost City of Gold Trailer:
      A sneak peak of the all-new Scooby-Doo! Live stage production.

Bonus Content (Previously Released):
    • Scooby-Doo’s Ultimate Fans: Hail the Gang’s Followers and Memorabilia Collectors
    • Get the Picture: How to draw Scooby-Doo and the Gang.
    • Funky Fashion
    • America Loves Scooby-Doo: Music Video
    • Scooby-Doo Street Smarts: Favorite cases of Scooby-Doo Fans
    • Take the Scooby-Doo Challenge
    • Hanna-Barbera: From H to B: Uncover how the studio’s artists and animators collaborate internally and connect with fans externally.
    • Scooby-Doo The Whole World Loves You!: It’s a fun-filled exploration of the world’s on-going love affair with all things Scooby-Doo. With interviews with actors, writers, and directors of various Scooby-Doo TV series and movies from the last 50 years.
    • The Eerie Mystery of the Scooby-Doo History: This featurette talks about the beginnings of Scooby-Doo and how the show came to exist from the point of view of the executives and creative team behind the show.
    • The Scooby-Doo Gang: In Their Own Words: This featurette talks about the original voice cast of Scooby-Doo and how they originated the characters’ distinctive voices.

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!:
    The Complete Series Limited Edition 50th Anniversary Mystery Mansion

Featured Episodes
    :

1.What a Night for a Knight
    2.A Clue for Scooby-Doo
    3.Hassle in the Castle
    4.Mine Your Own Business
    5.Decoy for a Dognapper
    6.What the Hex is Going On?
    7.Never Ape and Ape Man
    8.Foul Play in Funland
    9.The Backstage Rage
    10.Bedlam in the Big Top
    11.A Gaggle of Galloping Ghosts
    12.Scooby-Doo and a Mummy, Too
    13.Which Witch is Which?
    14.Go Away Ghost Ship
    15.Spooky Space Kook “That crazy spaceman, yeah!”
    16.A Night of Fright Is No Delight
    17.That’s Snow Ghost
    18.Nowhere to Hyde
    19.Mystery Mask Mix-Up
    20.Scooby’s Night with a Frozen Fright
    21.Jeepers, It’s the Creeper
    22.Haunted House Hang-Up
    23.A Tiki Scare Is No Fair
    24.Who’s Afraid of the Big Bad Werewolf?
    25.Don’t Fool with a Phantom
    26.Watch Out! The Willawaw!
    27.To Switch a Witch
    28.A Creepy Tangle in the Bermuda Triangle
    29.The Creepy Case of Old Iron Face
    30.A Highlight Fling with a Monstrous Thing
    31.A Scary Night With a Snow Beast Fright
    32.The Tar Monster
    33.Jeepers, It’s the Jaguaro
    34.The Creepy Creature of Vulture’s Claw
    35.Who Was That Cat Creature I Saw You With Last Night? (a.k.a. Make A Beeline Away From That Feline)
    36.The Diabolical Disc Demon
    37.Scooby’s Chinese Fortune Kooky Caper
    38.A Menace in Venice
    39.Don’t Go Near the Fortress of Fear
    40.The Beast is Awake in Bottomless Lake
    41.The Warlock of Wimbledon

Digital

Scooby-Doo, Where are You!: The Complete Series is now available to own on digital. Digital ownership allows consumers to instantly stream and download all episodes to watch anywhere and anytime on their favorite devices. Digital movies and TV shows are available from various digital retailers including iTunes, Google Play, Vudu, and others.

2. StarDestroyer52

StarDestroyer52 Stunt Coordinator

John Brooks
    Is this available for pre-order yet?

dana martin likes this.
  3. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    I did not see a preorder go up yet. Will keep an eye out for you as I check Amazon daily.

StarDestroyer52 likes this.
  4. Message #4 of 25 Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    I'll wait for a disc only release. I don't need the extra prizes.

Does that sticker in the bottom right of the packaging indicate they're making 50,000 of these? Seems like a lot in today's marketplace.

Randy Korstick likes this.
  5. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

Interesting this contains 16 of the 24 episodes that were seen on the 2 seasons of The Laugh - Olympics. The 16 were previously released on DVD as SDWAY Season 3. But curious if they are including the later 16 episodes as part of this then why not release the other 8 episodes that have still never had a home video release other than a couple of them being part of collections.

JoeDoakes likes this.
  6. battlebeast

battlebeast Cinematographer

Warren
    Scooby doo is very popular.

7. battlebeast

battlebeast Cinematographer

Warren
    So this ISNT the complete series?

8. Message #8 of 25 Jun 26, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2019
    Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

SDWAY was 2 seasons: 17 episodes for 1969-70 and 8 episodes for 70-71. After that there were many other Scooby doo shows and spinoffs: New Scooby Movies, Scooby Doo-Dynomut hour. The Laugh a -lympics show, Scooby and Scappy doo.
    So yes this does have all 25 episodes of the original SDWAY (1969-71) as well as 16 episodes from Laugh a lympics show (1977) that were released on DVD as SDWAY season 3. It doesn't have the 8 episodes from season 2 of Laugh -a-lympics show that have never been released on home video. Nor does it have any of the other Scooby doo spin off shows.

9. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    It's too bad they didn't include the "Scoobynatural" episode of Supernatural as a bonus. It was based on one of the episodes in this set, "A Night of Fright is No Delight," and Supernatural is a WB production, so it seems like it would be a natural inclusion. Though perhaps they thought the Supernatural version would be a bit too intense for younger viewers (it's a bit scarier and more violent than the original).

ponset and battlebeast like this.
  10. B-ROLL

B-ROLL Cinematographer

Bryan
    So this is Scooby Doo-Doo then if you have the previous releases ... ?;)

11. LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    I hope they handle the remaining classic era episodes better than they did on DVD.

I'd love to see this get followed up with a collection of the remaining episodes of what they now label as 'The Scooby Doo Show' (24 episodes if my count is right after we subtract what's now oddly known as season 3 of Scooby Doo: Where Are You). Own it all digitally on my Xbox, but would love to own it physically.

Then all the pre-Scrappy stuff would be out on Blu-Ray minus that one episode of The New Scooby Doo Movies.

JoeDoakes likes this.
  12. darkrock17

darkrock17 Screenwriter

Andrew McClure
    Why isn't this over in the TV section, isn't this section for movies only?

13. Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby Cinematographer

Keith Cobby
    The greatest animated series of them all.

DP 70 likes this.
  14. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

15. DP 70

DP 70 Screenwriter

Derek
    Looks Great :)

16. Randy Korstick

Randy Korstick Producer

They also need the Scooby Doo/ Dynomut Hour (1976-77) which is rumored to be next. It was on after the New Scooby Movies and before the Laugh a lympics episodes which are known as The Scooby Doo show.

17. albert_m2

albert_m2 Second Unit

Albert
    I would prefer a collection of the Scooby Doo episode from this era. Just put all of the 76-79 (or 80) episodes in one set.

JoeDoakes likes this.
  18. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Producer

Joel Henderson
    So are they going to fix What a Night for a Knight and Scooby Doo Finds a Clue this time?

19. Message #19 of 25 Jun 27, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2019
    LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    I wonder what the chances are of a standard edition? I'm not that crazy about the packaging here or the unnecessary extras.

I just want a nice solid case with an attractive insert (And hopefully a list of what's on each disc on the reverse) that protects the discs well, leaves them easily accessible, and takes up a minimum of shelf space.

If you're talking about how the original opening music was changed or something like that, I really doubt it.

I imagine these are the restored high-definition transfers used for DVD and digital distribution years ago. So if it wasn't fixed back then, I doubt it will be here.

Would love to be wrong though.

I actually was including those in my count of 24 missing half hour episodes on Blu-Ray after this release.

Those 16 Scooby Doo segments you mention have been syndicated with the Scooby Doo Show opening ever since I can remember back in the 1980's. And while I'm not real big on streaming services and such, they're also sold as season 1 of The Scooby Doo Show on Xbox Live (I assume the same holds true elsewhere?).

I'm not real big on Wikipedia, but the opening paragraph I've linked to below accurately describes what content that Warner sells today as The Scooby Doo Show on Xbox Live.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Scooby-Doo_Show

20. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Cinematographer
    Supporter

When my son was little, he became Scooby-obsessed. I was a librarian at the time, so I was able to check out all of the original episodes, which he watched almost on a loop. The first couple of seasons are my favorite, though I enjoy the New Scooby-Doo Movies for the appearances by celebrities of the day. (The Mama Cass one is one big "fat joke," though, and makes me uncomfortable, considering her untimely death.) While he liked the later series as well, I was never a fan of them. I guess it's just because I grew up watching the originals. I'd love to have these on Blu-ray, but I don't think I can justify what they're asking, especially since I could give a rat's patootie for the tchotchkes. Maybe it will go on sale down the road.

Keith Cobby likes this.