1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release WHV Press Release: Rampage (4k UHD) (3D Blu-ray) (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, May 29, 2018.

1. Message #1 of 16 May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
    Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    “Pure entertainment, ‘Rampage’ is a smashing good time.”
    Adam Graham, Detroit News

JOIN IN ON AN EPIC RIDE AS SUPER CREATURES

TEAR ACROSS NORTH AMERICA WHEN

RAMPAGE

ARRIVES ONTO 4K Ultra HD, BLU-RAYÔ 3D COMBO PACK, BLU-RAY™ COMBO PACK,

DVD AND DIGITAL FROM WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT

FinderScreenSnapz001.

Own it Early on Digital on June 26

4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray debuts on July 17

Burbank, CA, May 29 – Watch an unshakeable bond form between an extraordinarily intelligent gorilla and noteworthy primatologist when “Rampage” arrives on 4K Ultra HD, Blu-Ray 3D Combo Pack, Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD and Digital.

Global icon Dwayne Johnson headlines the action adventure “Rampage,” directed by Brad Peyton.

Rampage” also stars Oscar nominee Naomie Harris (“Moonlight”), Malin Akerman (TV’s “Billions”), Jake Lacy (TV’s “Girls”), Joe Manganiello (TV’s “True Blood”), and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (TV’s “The Walking Dead”), P.J. Byrne (“The Wolf of Wall Street”), Marley Shelton (TV’s “Rise”), Breanne Hill (TV’s “Frontier”), Jack Quaid (“The Hunger Games: Catching Fire”), Matt Gerald (TV’s “Daredevil”), Jason Liles (“Death Note”), Demetrius Grosse (TV’s “The Brave”) and Will Yun Lee (TV’s “Hawaii Five-O”).

Peyton directed from a screenplay by Ryan Engle, Carlton Cuse, Ryan J. Condal and Adam Sztykiel. The film’s story was written by Ryan Engle.

Rampage” was produced by Beau Flynn, John Rickard, Brad Peyton and Hiram Garcia. It marks the third collaboration between Johnson, Peyton, Flynn and Garcia, following the international blockbuster hit “San Andreas,” Warner Bros.’ highest grossing film of 2015, as well as 2012’s global smash “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.” Executive producers were Marcus Viscidi, Dwayne Johnson, Dany Garcia, Jeff Fierson, Toby Emmerich, Richard Brener and Michael Disco.

The creative team includes director of photography Jaron Presant, production designer Barry Chusid, editors Jim May and Bob Ducsay, and costume designer Melissa Bruning. The music is composed by Andrew Lockington, who created the scores for “San Andreas” and “Journey 2: The Mysterious Island.” Serving as co-producers were Wendy Jacobson, Josh Mack and Dana Robin.

The “Rampage” creatures were brought to life by acclaimed VFX supervisor Colin Strause, with five-time Academy Award-winning visual effects company Weta Digital.

Rampage” will be available on 4K Ultra HD for $44.95, Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack for $44.95, Blu-ray Combo Pack for $35.99 and DVD for $28.98. The Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack features the theatrical version of the film in 3D high definition and high definition; the Blu-ray Combo Pack features a Blu-ray disc with the film in high definition, a Blu-ray disc with the special features in high definition, a DVD with the film in standard definition and a Digital version of the movie.

The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of “Rampage” will feature Dolby VisionTM HDR that dramatically expands the color palette and contrast range and uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimize the picture for every screen, frame by frame.

Also, the 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray 3D discs of “Rampage” will feature a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar. Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.

Rampage” will also be available on Movies Anywhere. Using the free Movies Anywhere app and website, consumers can access all their eligible movies by connecting their Movies Anywhere account with their participating digital retailer accounts.

Fans can also own “Rampage” via purchase from digital retailers beginning June 26.

SYNOPSIS

In 1993, a breakthrough new technology gave scientists a path to treat incurable diseases through genetic editing. In 2016, due to its potential for misuse, the U.S. Intelligence Community designated genetic editing a “Weapon of Mass Destruction and Proliferation.”

Johnson stars as primatologist Davis Okoye, a man who keeps people at a distance but shares an unshakable bond with George, the extraordinarily intelligent, incredibly rare albino silverback gorilla who has been in his care since he rescued the young orphan from poachers. But a rogue genetic experiment gone awry mutates this gentle ape into a raging creature of enormous size.

To make matters worse, it’s soon discovered there are other similarly altered animals. As these newly created super creatures tear across North America, destroying everything in their path, Okoye teams with discredited geneticist Kate Caldwell (Naomie Harris) to secure an antidote, fighting his way through an ever-changing battlefield, not only to halt a global catastrophe but to save the fearsome creature that was once his friend.

BLU-RAY AND DVD ELEMENTS

“Rampage” 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-Ray, Blu-ray Combo Pack contains the following special features:

· Not A Game Anymore - From arcade sensation to movie monster epic, we explore how the Midway video game inspired the filmmakers to create the ultimate disaster film.

· Gag Reel - Hilarious outtakes and mishaps captured during production.

· Deleted Scenes - Deleted scenes that barely missed the final theatrical cut.

· Rampage - Actors in Action: Strap in for a wild ride as Dwayne Johnson, Joe Manganiello and the cast prepare for the film’s demanding stunts and explosive set pieces.

· Trio of Destruction - Follow the innovative design team and the artists at Weta Digital as they bring to life the biggest and baddest monsters for the film’s climactic battle royal.

· Attack on Chicago - Director Brad Peyton reveals the challenges of filming on-location in Chicago and turning digital destruction into a cinematic reality.

· Bringing George to Life - Discover the wonder of what it’s like to be a gorilla, as movement coordinator Terry Notary teaches actor Jason Liles how to move, behave and become “George.”

“Rampage” DVD contains:

· Not A Game Anymore - From arcade sensation to movie monster epic, we explore how the Midway video game inspired the filmmakers to create the ultimate disaster film.

BASICS

PRODUCT SRP

4K Ultra HD Combo Pack $44.95

Blu-ray 3D Combo Pack $44.95

Blu-ray Combo Pack $35.99

DVD Amaray (WS) $28.98

Standard Street Date: July 17

EST Street Date: June 26

DVD Languages: English, Canadian French

BD Languages: English, Canadian French, Brazilian Portuguese

DVD Subtitles: English SDH, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Canadian French

BD Subtitles: English, Latin Spanish, Parisian French, Canadian French

Running Time: 107 minutes

Rating: Rated PG-13 for sequences of violence, action and destruction, brief language, and crude gestures.

DVD: DLBY/SURR DLBY/DGTL [CC]

Blu-ray: DTS HD-MA

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. George_W_K

George_W_K Screenwriter

George
    I just watched San Andreas tonight and wondered when Rampage might get a home release. Didn't have to wait long for the answer apparently.

3. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    Thank you, Warner. :thumbsup:

4. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    You know, I could already see that this is a film I am going to hate.

However, Warner doing a 3D release with a remixed Atmos is giving me enough reason to blindly purchase.

Warner is still doing things right!

Jesse Skeen, DavidJ and George_W_K like this.
  5. DavidJ

DavidJ Producer

David
    I will probably go for the 4K, but I am glad to see them releasing a 3D combo pack. Especially since it has an Atmos mix for those that can take advantage of it.

6. Message #6 of 16 May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

I'm not 100% sure either one of those will end up true. It would seem to be an odd choice for a 4K/3D combo pack and so far I;m not sure any of the recent Warner 3D have had Atmos -- at least since they moved the 3D disc to Warner Archive production. The last Warner 3D I can find with Atmos track seems to be Suicide Squad in Dec 2016. The only US 4K/3D combo pack I can find was the BBY Exclusive Skill island

There have been a lot of poorly written Press releases from Warner recently including Ready Player One and Tomb Raider so I'm less than optimistic about the details. Warner has a number of Supercombo packs from France so I'd love to see them change the pattern, but ..........

EDIT: apologies for my reading comp issues. Real Player One has the 4K/3D combo pack in the press release, not Tomb Raider or Rampage. All 3 do imply Atmos Tracks on the 3D disc though, so fingers crossed about a change of heart on that issue

DavidJ likes this.
  7. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    I don’t see a 4K/3D combo pack listed above.

8. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    Right, I see a BD Combo, 3-D Combo and 4K Ultra HD Combo. There is no 4K/3-D release.

Tino likes this.
  9. Message #9 of 16 May 30, 2018
    Last edited: May 30, 2018
    David Norman

David Norman Producer

Perhaps I'm mixing my press releases (?Real Player One) and my apologies if I jumped the gun on that point.

The 3D Disc Atmos tracks on the 3 upcoming Warner 3D disc still needing to be confirmed though since that has been a bone of contention for quite a while. Anxiously awaiting 1st reviews on Tomb Raider to see what's actually on the disc.

10. Tino

Tino Executive Producer
    Supporter

Valentino
    Yes. Ready Player One has the misleading press release.

11. Josh Steinberg

Josh Steinberg Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I think it's worth pointing out - Warner no longer supports 3D on Atmos releases. They did until about 2016 or so. Currently, their press releases still cite the 3D Combo Packs as having Atmos, but this is because the Atmos track is included on the 2D version of the movie which is part of the combo. For the past year or so, Warner discs have been limited to 5.1 only on the actual 3D disc.

12. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    We'll find out one way or another.

13. Josh Steinberg

Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Absolutely. I'm just saying, based on all Warner 3D releases for the past year, if the sole impetus for buying this is the combination of 3D with Atmos, that I would recommend waiting for the actual release of the disc to make that purchase.

14. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I think Tomb Raider 3D releasing in 2 weeks will give hopefully give a clue since the Press releases are written with the same 3D Atmos language. That is unless one of the insiders here (or those with Warner contacts) can gather some information ahead of release or one of the reviewers get a screening copy early. I'm not sure the Archive Branch is sending out screeners ahead of street date anymore though.

15. Josh Steinberg

Reviewer

Josh Steinberg
    Justice League, released earlier this year, is also a clue - that one had the 3D Atmos language in the press release, but was Atmos only on the included 2D disc. (3D disc was limited to 5.1.)

DavidJ likes this.
  16. David Norman

David Norman Producer

I don't remember the JL Press Release, but that does tend to suppress more hope of a Warner change of heart. I think these 3 coming so close together grabbed more or my attention esp with the RPO 4K/3D language as well.

DavidJ likes this.