1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Press Release WHV Press Release: Manifest: The Complete First Season

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Apr 16, 2019.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Founder
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

#1 Series On NBC
    Manifest: The Complete First Season
    Flight 828 Disappeared in 2013. Today, it Came Home.

Brace Yourself. The DVD is Landing July 23rd

BURBANK, CA (April 16, 2019) – This is your calling. You are on the verge of discovering something new! From Oscar-winning filmmaker Robert Zemeckis (Forrest Gump, Cast Away) and executive producers Jeff Rake (The Mysteries of Laura), Jack Rapke (Flight, Cast Away), Jackie Levine (Allied, The Walk) and Len Goldstein (Hart of Dixie, Roadies), Warner Bros. Home Entertainment brings you NBC’s #1 hit series Manifest: The Complete First Season on DVD July 23, 2019. Fans can uncover the mystery from all 16 exhilarating episodes from season one for the suggested low retail price of $29.98 for the DVD ($34.99 in Canada). Manifest: The Complete First Season is also available to own on Digital via purchase from digital retailers.

A plane inexplicably disappears on a trans-oceanic flight and returns five years later after being presumed lost at sea. While no time has passed for those on the flight, years have gone by for their loved ones who have learned to live with their loss. In addition to the outward mystery of what happened on that flight, there’s also an inward mystery of what has happened to the passengers…and why. Nothing will ever be the same as you follow the unexpected journey full of hope, heart and destiny!

“With 16.4 million fans tuning-in weekly, Manifest is one of the most talked about series on television,” said Rosemary Markson, WBHE Senior Vice President, Television Marketing. "We are delighted to release the first installment of the series on DVD so fans can binge on each episode and relive their favorite moments again and again.”

Manifest stars Melissa Roxburgh (“Valor,” “Supernatural”), Josh Dallas (“Once Upon a Time”), Athena Karkanis (“House of Cards,” “Zoo”), J.R. Ramirez (“Power”), Luna Blaise (“Fresh Off the Boat”), Jack Messina (“The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel”) and Parveen Kaur (“The Strain,” “Saving Hope”). The series is produced by Jeff Rake Productions and Compari Entertainment in association with Warner Bros. Television and Universal Television.

16 ONE-HOUR EPISODES

1. Pilot

2. Reentry

3. Turbulence

4. Unclaimed Baggage

5. Connecting Flights

6. Off Radar

7. S.N.A.F.U.

8. Point of No Return

9. Dead Reckoning

10. Crosswinds

11. Contrails

12. Vanishing Point

13. Cleared for Approach

14. Upgrade

15. Hard Landing

16. Estimated Time of Departure

DIGITAL

The first season of Manifest is also currently available to own on Digital. Digital purchase allows consumers to instantly stream and download all episodes to watch anywhere and anytime on their favorite devices. Digital movies and TV shows are available from various digital retailers including Amazon Video, iTunes, Google Play, Vudu and others.

BASICS

Street Date: July 23, 2019

Order Due Date: June 18, 2019

DVD Presented in 16x9 widescreen format

Running Time: Feature: Approx. 704 min

US

Price: $29.98 SRP
    4 DVD-9s
    Audio – English (5.1)

CANADA

Price: $34.99 SRP
    4 DVD-9s
    Audio – English (5.1)

The price link below will take you directly to the product on Amazon. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link.

2. MartinP.

MartinP. Supporting Actor

Martin

I watched the entire season on NBC and was surprised it was only 16 episodes, because it was touted as being a hit. Not a negative thing, I just was surprised.

MANIFEST is one of those series where you watch it each week because you want to find out what's going on. But your verdict of it as a series will depend on just what that turns out to be.

These kinds of shows are tricky. If someone doesn't like how the mystery is solved and exactly what that is, they might come to the conclusion watching it was a waste of time. You take that chance. Sometimes in a series like this you can just get bored waiting for them to answer the questions brought up. I've liked watching it so far.

Secrets & Lies or The Whispers are two relatively recent shows like this that I found wanting when the main question(s) came to be answered.

3. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Sad to see Warner TV going DVD only even with some of their bigger hits. They're still the most reliable studio when it comes to TV on Blu-Ray though.

4. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I enjoyed the first season very much and would like to relive it, but not on quality lower than that in which it was originally viewed.

I'll just have to hope a streaming service that I subscribe to picks it up to stream in HD.

5. jcroy

jcroy Producer

jr
    (On a more general tangent).

I agree with this sentiment, though for slightly different reasons. For quite awhile, I've been using the "no bluray = no sale" thing as a way of severely restricting my impulse buying in a deliberate manner. Nowadays I would rather just watch such tv shows in their original HD (or higher) resolution on a vod/streaming service. Less impulse buying of dvd tv season sets.

Though with that being said, I'm still willing to buy a few current/recent shows on dvd such as Criminal Minds or NCIS where the "hd braodcast" picture quality looks like it was deliberately "crappy-fied" in post-production to give it a "softer" or "non-hd" look.

On the other hand if a tv show's episodes looked very good or outright spectacular in their original hd broadcats (ie. no softening filters, etc ...), then I usually won't bother with the dvd versions. For example stuff like the reboots of Hawaii Five-O, MacGyver, Magnum PI, etc ... and maybe NCIS LA and New Orleans, etc ....

6. AndyMcKinney

AndyMcKinney Cinematographer

I imagine a blu-ray might be possible from Warner Archive. By putting it in the Archive, they avoid steep discounts at retail. They've done blu-rays for other recent shows (such as Lucifer).