What's new

WHV Press Release: How The West was Won (DVD/Blu-Ray)+Western & Errol Flynn Classics (1 Viewer)

DeeF

Screenwriter
I was really talking about those other Westerns, which have DVD covers that don't match their original posters.

RolandL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Roland Lataille

Most of the printed material is from the 35mm release not the Cinerama roadshow. You can buy the real stuff on Ebay if you still want the 35mm release items.

99 cents for the pressbook - "RARE 1964 How The West Was Won Exhibitors Campaign Book Item number: 170245235552"

I don't see the 35mm movie poster on EBAY right now, just reproductions of it.

Only 99 cents for the Cinerama roadshow movie program - "How the West Was Won - MGM - 1963 Item number: 120286269345"

nighthawk1

Grip
Real Name
Laurence

I'm confused, Amazon.com says that the special edition of How the West was Won is going to be 2-discs yet the picture on the web site shows 3-discs. Also, under product details the number of discs is listed as three.

I'm not sure if the special edition of How The West was Won is going to be two or three discs?

How The West Was Won Special Edition Amazon.com Link

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden

The film is spread across two discs split at the intermission, but the "Cinerama Adventure" documentary is on a third disc.

The images on the site are accurate, but the text of the listing should have said "Three-Disc Special Editon".

Regards,

CineKarine

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Karine Philippot
DVD Savant reviews Virginia City from the Flynn set

Really happy with this collection
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
So I finally rented the UE box set from Zip.ca and I have two questions:

For the standard version of the film, what aspect ratio input should I set the projector at for the proper framing; 2.90:1??

What about the Smilebox version of the film, what a.r. should I adjust my lens for?

Thanks!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Can somebody please inform me of what aspect ratio input to set my projector for this S-DVD (non-smilebox) screening?

Also, would it be so difficult for WHV to print this information somewhere in small letters on the disc like Universal and select others do? Don't try to feed me the too technical-confusing for the average joe schtick when the company is so desperately trying to sell us on the advents of BluRay technology! It'd save me a good 10 mins. of inconvenince searching the internet for so many screenings on my front projector and I'm sure many others in similar positions would surely appreciate the gesture! They already bother printing the widescreen format on disc itself which is pretty useless information and a waste of ink. Why not put the actual a.r. presentation in small text right next to it?

Anyways, if anyone could let me know I'd really appreciate it!

Ken_McAlinden

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kenneth McAlinden
It is 16:9 enhanced video letterboxed to what Warner nominally calls 2.89:1, but what I measured out to be more like 2.8:1.

Regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks