What's new

WHV Press Release: Blade (1998) (4k UHD) (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
120558372_3363295570403550_466317942232684296_n.jpg

120366590_1886551101494302_5344712297354730197_o.jpg

Official Press Release forthcoming

December 1, 2020 with Best Buy Exclusive

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
I'm in because it's Blade, but this is going to drive me nuts. Why aren't 2 and 3 coming at the same time?

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
I hope they've done some work on this. The current Blu is pretty atrocious. AND, I hope my iTunes HD copy gets a 4K bump. :)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
7157ef1b-d181-418e-a45a-0a887f37b636.jpg
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
3e123015-3e87-4b24-a2ed-e324f81da960.jpeg
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"] WARNER BROS. HOME ENTERTAINMENT
ANNOUNCES

BLADE

TO BE RELEASED ON 4K ULTRA HD BLU-RAYTM COMBO PACK
AND DIGITAL

BLADE, STARRING WESLEY SNIPES AS THE TITLE CHARACTER,
WILL BE AVAILABLE FOR THE FIRST TIME IN 4K RESOLUTION WITH
HIGH DYNAMIC RANGE (HDR)

Own it December 1st on 4K Ultra HD and Digital
[/TD]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]BURBANK, CA, October 12, 2020 – Warner Bros. Home Entertainment announced today that 1998’s Blade will be released on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ Combo Pack and Digital on December 1. Directed by Stephen Norrington ( The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) and written by David S. Goyer ( The Dark Knight trilogy), the film stars Wesley Snipes and the half-vampire, half-human vampire hunter Blade, Stephen Dorff, Kris Kristofferson, N’Bushe Wright, Donal Logue, Udo Kier, and Sanaa Lathan.
Blade was produced by Peter Frankfurt, Wesley Snipes, and Robert Engelman, and is based on the Marvel “Blade” created by Marv Wolfman and Gene Colan.
Ultra HD* showcases 4K resolution with High Dynamic Range (HDR) and a wider color spectrum, offering consumers brighter, deeper, more lifelike colors for a home entertainment viewing experience like never before.
Blade will be available on Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack for $24.99 ERP and includes an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc with the feature film in 4K with HDR and a Blu-ray disc with the feature film and special features. Fans can also own Blade in 4K Ultra HD via purchase from select digital retailers beginning on December 1st.
The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of Blade will feature Dolby VisionTM HDR that dramatically expands the color palette and contrast range and uses dynamic metadata to automatically optimize the picture for every screen, frame by frame. The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray disc of Blade will also feature a Dolby Atmos® soundtrack remixed specifically for the home theater environment to place and move audio anywhere in the room, including overhead. To experience Dolby Atmos at home, a Dolby Atmos enabled AV receiver and additional speakers are required, or a Dolby Atmos enabled sound bar. Dolby Atmos soundtracks are also fully backward compatible with traditional audio configurations and legacy home entertainment equipment.

SYNOPSIS
Wesley Snipes stars as Marvel’s iconic half-vampire, half-human vampire hunter, Blade. With all the strengths of a vampire, and none of their weaknesses, the Day Walker uses his incredible gifts to hunt his enemies in his search for the one that killed his mother and turned him into the monster he is. Blade’s fight leads him to Deacon Frost (Stephen Dorff), a rising force in the vampire world, set on raising a vampire God bent on destroying mankind.

Ultra HD Blu-ray and Blu-ray Elements
Blade
Ultra HD Blu-ray contains the following previously released special feature:
  • Commentary with Wesley Snipes, Stephen Dorff, David S. Goyer, Theo Van De Sande, Kirk M. Petruccelli & Peter Frankfurt
  • Isolated score with commentary by composer Mark Isham
[/TD]
[/TD]

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
I'm in because it's Blade, but this is going to drive me nuts. Why aren't 2 and 3 coming at the same time?

They don't think there's enough demand?

Which is probably right for the 3rd one, but I'd think del Toro's presence in the 2nd would sell some units...

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
They don't think there's enough demand?

Which is probably right for the 3rd one, but I'd think del Toro's presence in the 2nd would sell some units...

Neither is going to do gangbuster business, but for an industry that's hurting for money, release all three and you get the collector's and completists now. In other words, you get more money.

I've just never understood releasing one film in a set without the others. No way they're waiting for the MCU Blade to come out as a tie in...

Colin Jacobson

Senior HTF Member
Neither is going to do gangbuster business, but for an industry that's hurting for money, release all three and you get the collector's and completists now. In other words, you get more money.

I've just never understood releasing one film in a set without the others. No way they're waiting for the MCU Blade to come out as a tie in...

They'd probably need to go back and rescan the movies, and I suspect they don't want to pay for that.

They're not alone in their "only one of a trilogy" strategy, as Paramount's only 4King the 1st "Beverly Hills Cop"...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I hope they've done some work on this. The current Blu is pretty atrocious. AND, I hope my iTunes HD copy gets a 4K bump. :)
There is no question it's going to get a bump because there is already a snippet in the iTunes Extras description about enjoying Blade in 4K.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
They'd probably need to go back and rescan the movies, and I suspect they don't want to pay for that.

They're not alone in their "only one of a trilogy" strategy, as Paramount's only 4King the 1st "Beverly Hills Cop"...
Blade: Trinity was finished as a 2K DI, meaning they would likely only upscale that one and do an HDR pass. Blade II would need a rescan.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks